Date of Joining: 10/13/2015
Academic/Industrial Experience (in years): 12.5
ACADEMIC / INDUSTRIAL EXPERIENCE (Details)
since October’2015: Assistant Professor, Civil Engineering Department, NIT Silchar
July’2015 to Sept’2015:Assistant Professor, Civil Engineering Department, NIT Hamirpur
July’2009 to June’2015: Engineer/senior Engg./Project Manager at JACOBS -CES (I) Pvt. Ltd
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS (FULL DETAILS )
- Ph.D. (Water Resources Engineering) from IIT- Roorkee
- M.Tech. (Hydraulic Engineering) from IIT- Roorkee
- B.E. (Civil Engineering) from Jalpaiguri Govt. Engg. College
AREA OF INTEREST AND SPECIALIZATION (INCLUDING RESEARCH AREA)
- Groundwater modelling and Management
- Hydrological modelling; Hydrodynamic modelling
- Soft computing
- Remote sensing & GIS
- Climate Change
SHORT BIOGRAPHICAL SKETCH
BOOKS / BOOK CHAPTERS
1. Model Assisted planning of groundwater Development” by Kashyap, D and Ghosh,S, Chapter-16 of ASCE book on ‘Sustainable water Resources’ online published on Oct’2017, ISBN:9780784480908.
2. Ghosh, S.; Gupta, S. and Ghosh, S. , (10.1007/978-3-030-58051-3_20), Modelling of Groundwater Development Using Arc-SWAT and MODFLOW‖, , 303-315(Jan, 2021), 978-3-030-58050-6
3. Malakar, P. and Ghosh, S. “ANN model of groundwater development for irrigation”. Springer book chapter, In book: Groundwater and Water Quality (pp.133-143), DOI:10.1007/978-3-031-09551-1_10.October’2022.
4. Khankhoje, T. & Ghosh, S. (2021). Study of data augmentation technique for discharge prediction problems including meandering parameters. Springer book chapter (in press)
SUBJECTS TAUGHT (INCLUDING SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING)
Hydraulics, Open channel flow, Modeling simulation and application, Evolutionary Algorithm in search and optimization, Environmental Science, Surveying, Irrigation & flood control, Groundwater Hydrology, Computational methods in WRE, Water resources planning and management
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
- MHRD Scholarship during Mtech and PhD
- Special award for presenting a paper in conference (2004)
MANUSCRIPT REVIEWED FROM
- Apurba Nath, Ghosh S (2022).The influence of urbanization on the morphology of the Barak River floodplain in Cachar District, Assam. Water Policy.(in press) (SCIE)(Q2)
- Singh MK, Ghosh S (2022). River aquifer interaction modeling for the waterlogged aquifer and sustainable groundwater irrigation along river flood plain. Journal of Geological society of India, Springer (in press) (SCIE).
- Singh, M and Ghosh, S. (2020). “Groundwater flow modeling for cachar, india using modflow: case study” ISH Journal of Hydraulic Engineering. (online published) https://doi.org/10.1080/09715010.2020.1868357(SCOPUS )
- Apurba Nath and Ghosh, S. (2022). Meandering Rivers’ Morphological changes Analysis and Prediction- a case study of Barak River, Assam. H2Open Journal (2022) 5 (2): 289–306.https://doi.org/10.2166/h2oj.2022.003. (SCOPUS)
- Apurba Nath and Ghosh, S. (2022). Assessment of river morphology based on changes in land use and land cover and the spatial and temporal variation of meandering parameters of the Barak River. Water Practice and Technology (accepted).(SCOPUS)
- Kriti Mukherjee, Atanu Bhattacharya, Tino Pieczonka, Susmita Ghosh, Tobias Bolch, “Glacier mass budget and climate reanalysis data indicate a climatic shift around 2000 in Lahaul-Spiti, western Himalaya,” Climate Change [Springer](12th April’2018 online published). https://doi.org/10.1007/s10584-018-2185-3. (SCI )
- Ghosh, S. and Kashyap, D. (2012) “kernel function model for planning of agricultural groundwater development” Journal of Water Resources planning and Management,138(3),277-286.doi:10.1061/(ASCE)WR.1943-5452.0000178. (SCI)
- Ghosh,S.and Kashyap,D. (2012) “ANN based planning of groundwater development for agricultural usuage.” Irrigation and Drainage (Willey Inter science). 61(4), 555-564, doi:10.1002/ird.686. (SCI)
- Ghosh, S. and Ahmad, Z. (2006). Characteristics of flow over bottom racks. Water and Energy International (CBIP), 63(2), pp.47-55. (SCOPUS)
1. Khankhoje, T. & Ghosh, S. (2021). Study of data augmentation technique for discharge prediction problems including meandering parameters. 26th International Conference on “Hydraulics, Water Resources and Coastal Engineering (HYDRO 2021)”. December 23-25. SVNIT Surat, India
2. Khankhoje, T. & Ghosh, S. (2021). Discharge predictions of meandering river using artificial neural networks. 25th International Conference on “Hydraulics, Water Resources and Coastal Engineering (HYDRO 2020)”. March 26-28. NIT Rourkela, India
3. Nath,A. and Ghosh, S. 2019. Dam break modeling of an Earthen Dam for flood forcasting. 18-19th Dec,2019.24th Hydrp 2019, Osmania University.
4. Malakar, P. and Ghosh, S. “ANN model of groundwater development for irrigation” International conference, Hydro-2018, NIT Patna.
5. Ghosh, S. Gupta, S and Ghosh, S.” Modelling of Groundwater Development Using Arc-SWAT and MODFLOW” Sustainable Technologies for Intelligent Water management (STIWM) 2018, International Conference, February16-19, 2018, IIT Roorkee.
6. Bhattacharya, A.; Ghosh, S. and Mukherjee, K.” Multi-decadal Mass Budget and Area Change of Some Eastern Himalayan Glaciers (Nepal-Sikkim) Using Remote Sensing Techniques”. RAIT 2018: IEEE international conference. March 15-17, 2018, ISM Dhanbad.
7. Kashyap, D. and Ghosh, S. “Planning of Sustainable Agricultural Groundwater Development in Canal Command Areas.” Sustainable irrigation- 2012. International conference Transactions of the Wessex Institute eLibrary sustainable irrigation and drainage-IV, 159-170, WIT Transactions on the Ecology and the Environment, vol-168, ISSN-1743-3541 (online), doi:10.2495//S1120141. (SCOPUS indexed Conference)
8. Kashyap, D. and Ghosh, S.” ANN-Assisted Planning of Conjunctive Use of Canal and Ground Water in Canal Commands”, International Conference Proceeding of “American Institute of Physics” May, 2010,vol-1233, pp.1477-1482.doi:10.1063/1.3452125. (SCOPUS indexed Conference)
9. Nath, A. and Ghosh, S; Dam break analysis using HEC-RAS- a case study of AJI I dam,Rajkot SPACE 2017,1 st September’2017. (SCOPUS Indexed conference)
10. Ahmed, S. S. Barbhuiya, A.K. and Ghosh, S. Flow measurement at a river Bend using acoustic Doppler Current profiler (adcp). National Conference on ‘Hydrology and Watershed Management” (NCHWM-2017), 24-25th March’2017, NIT Silchar, Assam
11. Ghosh.S. and Ghosh. J.K. (2004),”GPS Based Estimation of Real Time Agricultural Water Demand”, Abstract: 24th ISRS Annual Convention and National Symposium,“Converging Space Technologies for National Development”, November 3-5, Jaipur, India, pp.6-8 (awarded).
WORKSHOP / CONFERENCE ORGANIZED
12 (Completed), 1(ongoing)