Date of Joining:
Academic/Industrial Experience (in years):
ACADEMIC / INDUSTRIAL EXPERIENCE (Details)
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS (FULL DETAILS )
- Ph.D. from RGPV Bhopal in 2004
- Post-graduate in Water Resources in 1994 from IIT Bombay
- Graduate in Civil Engineering in 1988 from REC Silchar
AREA OF INTEREST AND SPECIALIZATION (INCLUDING RESEARCH AREA)
- Water Resources Engineering
- Rainfall Runoff modeling
- Flood Movement Analysis
- GIS Applications
SHORT BIOGRAPHICAL SKETCH
BOOKS / BOOK CHAPTERS
SUBJECTS TAUGHT (INCLUDING SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING)
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
- Currently holding the additional responsibility of Dean Planning and Development.
MANUSCRIPT REVIEWED FROM
1. S.Agarwal, P.J.Roy, P. Choudhury, N. Debbarma, (2021), Flood Forecasting and Flood Flow Modeling in a River System using ANN, Water Practice and Technology, 16(4), 1194–1205.
2. S.Agarwal, P.J.Roy, P. Choudhury, N. Debbarma, (2021), River flow forecasting by comparative analysis of multiple input and multiple output models form using ANN, H2 Open Journal, 4(1), 413-428.
3. N Debbarma, P Choudhury, P Roy,, (2019), Identification of homogeneous rainfall regions using a genetic algorithm involving multi-criteria decision making techniques, , 19(5), 1491–1499.
4. S Debbarma, P Choudhury, P Roy, R Kumar ,, (2019), Analysis of Precipitation Variability using Memory Based Artificial Neural Networks, International Journal of Applied Metaheuristic Computing, 10(1).
5. S Debbarma, P Choudhury, (2019), River flow prediction with memory-based artificial neural networks: a case study of the Dholai river basin, International Journal of Advanced Intelligence Paradigms, 15(1), 51-62.
6. Shyama Debbarma, Parthasarathi Choudhury, Parthajit Roy,Nilotpal Debbarma, (2017), Application of memory based artificial neural networks in downscaling precipitation: A case of Barak river basin, SYLWAN , 161(6).
7. Roy, P., Saharia, M. & Choudhury, P, (2014), River Reaches Flood Flow Prediction using PRNN models, International Journal of Civil, Structural, Environmental and Infrastructure Engineering Research and Development, ().
8. Sil, B. S. & Choudhury, P, (2014), Muskingum equation based downstream sediment flow simulation models for a river system, International Journal of Sediment Research, ().
9. P. Choudhury, (2010), Coordinated reservoir flood control operation model incorporating multiple uncontrolled water flows-Lakes and Reservoir Research and Management, Wiely Blackwell Publishing, 15(2), 153-163.
10. P.Choudhury, B.S. Sil, (2010), Integrated water and sediment flow simulation and forecasting models for river reaches, Journal of Hydrology, 385(1 to 4), 313-322.
11. P. Choudhury and S Arumugam, (2009), River flood forecasting using complementary Muskingum rating equations, Journal of Hydrologic Engg. (ASCE), 14(7), 745-751.
12. P. Choudhury, (2007), Multiple inflows Muskingum Routing Model, Journal of Hydrologic Engg. (ASCE), 12(5), 413-419.
13. Choudhury, P., Ullah, N. & Kumar, U., (2013), Simulation and Forecasting of Downstream Flow Top Width in a River Reach Using Upstream Flow, International Journal Hydrology Science and Technology, 3(3), 241-257.
14. P. Choudhury, R.K. Shrivastava, S.M. Narulkar , (2002), Flood routing in river network using equivalent Muskingum inflow, J. Hydrologic Engg, 7(6), 413-419.
1. N.Ullah and P. Choudhury, J.Nongthombam (2012): “Flood Stage-Damage Modeling in a River System.” International Conference on Engineering, Technology and Management (ICETM, 2012), WAIRCO, Hyderabad, India.
WORKSHOPS / CONFERENCES ORGANIZED