Date of Joining: 22/12/2014
Academic/Research/Industrial Experience: 18 years
ACADEMIC / INDUSTRIAL EXPERIENCE (Details)
- Associate Professor, National Institute of Technology, NIT Silchar, Assam, India, July 2022 – till date
- Assistant Professor G-I, National Institute of Technology, NIT Silchar, Assam, India, June 2018 – June 2022
- Assistant Professor G-II, National Institute of Technology, NIT Silchar, Assam, India, December 2014 – May 2018
- Assistant Executive Engineer, Irrigation & CAD Department, Kurnool, A.P, India, March 2010- November 2014
- Lecturer, Department of Civil Engineering, K.I.T.S, Ramtek, M.S, India, July 2004- January 2006
- Assistant Design Engineer, Amba Associates, Warangal, A.P, India , June 2000 – August 2002
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS (FULL DETAILS )
- Ph.D. in Civil Engineering , National Institute of technology Warangal, Telangana, India.
- M.Tech in Structural and Construction Engineering , Kakatiya University, T.S, Warangal ,India.
- B.Tech in civil engineering , Sri Venkateswara University, Thirupathi, A.P , India.
AREA OF INTEREST AND SPECIALIZATION (INCLUDING RESEARCH AREA).
- Structural Engineering, Earthquake Engineering, Concrete Materials, Sustainable Development, Fiber Reinforced Concrete, Self Compacting Concrete, Geopolymer Concrete, Corban cured Concrete, Low Cost Housing.
SHORT BIOGRAPHICAL SKETCH
Dr.M.L.V.Prasad pursued B.Tech in Civil Engineering from S.V.University, Tirupathi, Andhra Pradesh in 1999 and M.Tech in Structural & Construction Engineering from Kakatiya University, Warangal, Telangan in 2004. Later Pursued Phd from National Institute of Technology Warangal, Telangana in 2012. His research work was “Behaviour of Tie Confined Fiber Reinforced Self Compacting Recycled Aggregate concrete”. The most fundamental requirement in predicting the behaviour of Fiber Reinforced Self Compacting Concrete (FRSCC) using Recycled Aggregate (RA) structures is the knowledge of stress-strain behaviour of the constituent materials. As concrete is basically used to resist compression, the knowledge of its behaviour in compression is very important. If the behaviour of unconfined and confined concrete in uniaxial compression is known, its flexural behaviour can be predicted.
At Present working as an Associate Professor, Civil Engineering Department, NIT, Silchar. Here he extended research work in the directions of new concrete materials like, Behavior of Eco-Friendly Self Compacting Concrete in cyclic loading by considering dynamic and Earthquake analysis. Further Extend the work in the field of new materials in construction, especially in the mechanical and durability properties of new concrete materials used with different areas like fiber reinforced concretes, self compacting concrete, geopolymer concrete, recycled aggregate concrete, eco-friendly materials and sustainability concepts. Also started working on locally available environmentally friendly materials like Geopolymer concretes and their performance studies when they are combined with other byproducts. Published scientific papers in International Journals and national journals in these fields and attended good number of International Conferences all over the world and given presentation on new concrete materials and their behaviour in case of static and dynamic loading conditions.
Patent Number: 2021103680, Title: A COMPOSITION OF ENVIRONMENTAL FRIENDLY SELF-COMPACTING GEOPOLYMER CONCRETE AND METHOD OF PREPARATION THEREOF, Granted by Australian Patent office, Australia.
Patent Number : 379037 , Application Number : 202131012330, Title : A COMPOSITION OF SELF-
COMPACTING GEOPOLYMER CONCRETE AND METHOD OF PREPARATION THEREOF, Granted by Indian Patent office, India.
External Funded Project
Project title: Fund for Improvement of S&T Infrastructure (FIST): To Strengthen The Research Facilities in the Department.
Role: Co-Principal Investigator/Project Implementation Group,
Funding Agency: Department of Science and Technology, India, 2022-2027. (Ongoing)
SUBJECTS TAUGHT (INCLUDING SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING)
- Under Graduate courses- Strength of Materials, Engineering Mechanics, Engineering Graphics, Structural Analysis – I, Structural Analysis – II, Structural Design(RCC), Concrete Technology, Construction Management, Estimation and Costing, Prestressed Concrete.
- Post Graduate courses- Advanced Concrete Technology, Bridge Engineering, New Concrete Materials. Prestressed Concrete, Finite Element Methods in Civil Engineering, Advanced Concrete Design.
- Member of Institute of Engineers India (IEI) Kolkata, Fellow Member. No. M-1490030
- Member of Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE), New Delhi, M.No: LM-111652
- Member of American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE), America, A.M.No: 11285220.
- Member of Indian Concrete Institute (ICI) Chennai, Fellow Member No. 12203.
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
- MHRD Scholarship during Phd at NIT Warangal.
- M.Tech Class Topper from K.U.University, Warangal
- Class Topper in Tenth standard from Town Model School, Kurnool.
- Best E-drafting Award from NIT , Warangal, Telangana, India.
- Working as member & volunteer in NGO (Children of Hope India).
- TEQIP coordinator for Civil Engineering Department, NIT, Silchar from 01.08.15 to 23.06.18.
- Member Departmental Post graduate Progress Committee (DPPC) Department of Civil Engineering, NIT Silchar Mar-15 to 23.06.2018.
- Faculty Advisor for Tennis Secretary (Gymkhana) for the year 2014-15, NIT Silchar.
- Faculty Advisor Research Promotion Cell (RPC), for the Eco-SCC Project, 2017-2018, NIT Silchar.
- Faculty Advisor for Karate Secretary& Skating (Gymkhana) for the year 2017-2018, NIT Silchar.
- Faculty Advisor for Karate Secretary& Skating (Gymkhana) for the year 2018-2019, NIT Silchar.
- Faculty Advisor for Photography Club (Gymkhana) for the year 2018-2018, NIT Silchar.
- Convener, Civil Engineering Society, Civil Engineering Department, NIT, Silchar from 23.06.18 to 02.04.2019.
- Member Departmental Under graduate Progress Committee (DUPC) Department of Civil Engineering, NIT Silchar 23.06.2018 to 11.04.2019.
- Member of Departmental Post Graduate Progress Committee(DPPC), NITS 2015-2018
- Faculty in charge – Seminar Hall , civil engineering 2016-Till date
- Secretary of Departmental Under Graduate Progress Committee(DUPC), NITS 12.04.2019 to 10.11.2020.
- Faculty Coordinator for M.Tech Structural Engineering (PG) 16.11.2020 to till date.
- Faculty In charge Concrete Laboratory, Civil Department, 16.11.2020 to till date.
- Associate Warden, Boys Hostel 6 ,NIT Silchar –20.08.2018 to 31.12.2020
- Associate Dean (P&D) ,NIT Silchar –15.03.2019 to 08.01.2023.
SERVED AS TPC
MANUSCRIPT REVIEWED FROM
Review activity for International Journal of Civil Engineering (3)
Review activity for International Journal of Concrete Structures and Materials (1)
Review activity for Iranian Journal of Science and Technology, Transactions of Civil Engineering (4)
Review activity for Practice periodical on structural design and construction. (1)
- Endow Ayar Mazumder and L. V. Prasad M, Performance Enhancement of Fly Ash‑Based Self Compacting Geopolymer Concrete Using Pre‑heating Technique, Iranian Journal of Science and Technology, Transactions of Civil Engineering, Published online on 23rd January 2023, https://doi.org/10.1007/s40996-023-01046-5.
- Tarafder, Nilanjan and Dr.L.V.Prasad Raju M,Effect of Material Uncertainty on the performance of Bridge’s Pier-Bent Cap Joints under Cyclic Loading, Canadian Journal of Civil Engineering, published online on 22 August 2022, https://doi.org/10.1139/cjce-2022-0038.
- Endow Ayar Mazumder and L. V. Prasad M (2022), Characterisation of eco-friendly self-compacting geopolymer concrete for fire endurance properties, Journal of Building Pathology and Rehabilitation Vol.92 , Accepted: 19 August 2022, https://doi.org/10.1007/s41024-022-00236-4.
- Tarafder, N., Meesaraganda, L.V.P. (2022), Seismic endurance of box-girder bridge with different piers, Materials Today: Proceedings , 59, pp. 227-232.
- Prasenjit Saha and L. V. Prasad Meesaraganda(2022), ,”Experimental and Numerical Investigation of RC Beam-Column Subassemblies Strengthened with Spiral Reinforcement under Seismic Loading”, Published online February 2022 , DOI: 10.1061/(ASCE)SC.1943-5576.0000675.
- Prasenjit Saha · M. L. V. Prasad (2021),”The Influence of α‑Fe2O3 Nanoparticles on the Reinforced Concrete Beam–Column Joint Under Cyclic Loading”, Iranian Journal of Science and Technology, Transactions of Civil Engineering, Published online 30 November 2021https://doi.org/10.1007/s40996-021-00794-6
- MLVPrasad et.al and Md Akthar (2021), “An Innovative Investigation on Mechanical, Durability and Time-Dependent Properties of Standard Grade Recycle Aggregate Concrete With Pozzolanic Material”, Indian Journal of Engineering and Material Science (SCI Accepted)
- Dr. LV Prasad M and Endow M (2021) “Effect of Quantity of Industrial Waste on Eco-Friendly Geopolymer Concrete”, Materials Science Forum, Vol. 1019, pp 102-109, Trans Tech Publications Ltd, Switzerland (Scopus)
- MLVPrasad and Nilanjan T “Seismic Performance of Box Girder Bridge with Non-Linear Static Pushover Analysis”, International Journal on Emerging Technologies 11 (2): 897-904 (2020) (Scopus)
- LVPrasad M.and NIlanjan T, “Durability Studies of Environmental Friendly Self Compacting Concrete with and without Fiber”, Key Engineering Materials, ISSN: 1662-9795, Vol. 803, pp. 207-215,2019.
- MLVPrasad , Prasenjit Saha , “Adaptive Neuro-Fuzzy Inference System for Predicting Compressive Strength of Fibers Self Compacting Concrete”, Applied Mechanics and Materials, ISSN: 1662-7482, Vol. 892, pp. 46-54,2019. (Scopus)
- Prasad, M. L. V., et.al, Experimental investigation of reinforced SCC beam-column joint with rectangular spiral reinforcement under cyclic loading, Construction and Building Materials 201 (2019) 171–185. SCI Elsevier publications
- M.L.V.Prasad et.al, “Behaviour of Self Compacting Reinforced Concrete Beams Strengthened with Hybrid Fiber under Static and Cyclic Loading, International Journal of Civil Engineering, vol.16,no.2,2018, pp 168-179 (SCI Springer Publications)
- M.L.V.Prasad et.al, “Predicting strength of SCC using Artificial nural network and multivariable regression analysis, computers and concrete, vol.20, no.1, 2017 (SCI Techno Press Publications)
- M.L.V.Prasad et.al, “Eco-efficient Fiber Reinforced Self Compacting Concrete for Replacements of Cement and Natural Sand with Waste Materials”, International Journal of Earth Sciences and Engineering,9(3), 71-77,2016 (Scopus )
- M.L.V.Prasad et.al, Self Compacting Reinforced Concrete Beam Strengthened with Natural Fibre under Cyclic Loading”, Computers and Concrete,17(5), 597-611,2016 (SCI Techno Press Publications)
- M.L.V.Prasad and P.Rathish Kumar, “Prediction of The Moment – Curvature Relationship of Confined Fiber Reinforced Self Compacting Concrete”, International Journal of Cement Wapno Beton, Vol.4, July-August 2015, ISSN-1425-8129, (2015).(SCI Poland)
- M.L.V.Prasad et.al, “Effect of Glass Fiber on Mechanical Properties of Vibrated Concrete and Self Compacting Concrete”, International Journal of Earth Sciences and Engineering ISSN 0974-5904, Vol. 07, No. 04, August, 2014, pp. 582-587. (Scopus)
- M.L.V.Prasad and P.Rathish Kumar, “Stress-Strain Model for Tie Confined Fiber Reinforced Self Compacting ,“International Journal of Structural and Civil Engineering Research, ISSN 2319 -6009 Vol. 3 No.1, February 2014, PP 174 – 188.
- M.L.V.Prasad et.al, “Tie Confined Glass Fiber Reinforced Self Compacting Recycled Aggregate Concrete”, IOSR Journal of Mechanical and Civil Engineering (IOSR-JMCE), e-ISSN: 2278-1684,p-ISSN: 2320-334X, Volume 7, Issue 2 (May. – Jun. 2013), PP 17-23.
- M.L.V.Prasad, P.Rathish Kumar and Toshiyuki Oshima, “Development of analytical stress-strain model for glass fiber reinforced self compacting concrete “International Journal of Mechanics and Solids, Research India Publications. Vol 4, No.1, ISSN 0973-1881, 2009, pp 25-37.
- M.L.V Prasad and P.Rathish Kumar, “Strength Studies on Glass Fiber Reinforced Recycled Aggregate Concrete”, Asian Journal of Civil Engineering (Building and Housing), Volume 8, Number 6, December 2007, ISSN 1563-0854, Pages 677-690.
- Endow Mazumder, Nilanjan Tarafder and L. V. Prasad M, Mechanical Properties of an Industrial Waste Concrete with SelfCompacting Geopolymerization, 2nd International Conference on “Sustainable Construction Technologies & Advancements in Civil Engineering” ScTACE 2021 14th – 16th October 2021, Shri Vishnu Engineering College for Women (Autonomous) Vishnupur, Bhimavaram, A.P, India.
- Nilanjan Tarafder , Endow Mazumder and L. V. Prasad M, Modal Analysis of Bridges with New Concretes: Replacing the Regular Construction Material under the Action of Seismic Load, 2nd International Conference on “Sustainable Construction Technologies & Advancements in Civil Engineering” ScTACE 2021 14th – 16th October 2021, Shri Vishnu Engineering College for Women (Autonomous) Vishnupur, Bhimavaram, A.P, India.
- Md Athar Kazmi, Prasad.M.L.V, Properties of concrete made with waste marble as coarse aggregate, The First International Conference on Recent Advances in Civil Engineering, 17th to 19th October 2021, NIT Silchar, India.
- Debanjana Dhar, Prasad.M.L.V, A study on Basalt Fiber Reinforced Concrete Utilising Seashells as Replacement to Coarse Aggregate, The First International Conference on Recent Advances in Civil Engineering, 17th to 19th October 2021, NIT Silchar, India.
- Dr.L.V.Prasad M and G.C.Behera, Behaviour of Self Compacting Concrete and Vibrated Concrete RC Beams under Static and Cyclic Loading, The First International Conference on Recent Advances in Civil Engineering, 17th to 19th October 2021, NIT Silchar, India.
- L.V.Prasad M, K V S Prasad, Effect of various combinations of aperture diameter and pattern on concrete paver block, 2nd International Conference on Aspects of Materials Science and Engineering, ICAMSE 2021,Volume 45, Pages 5494 – 5499,5 March 2021 – 6 March 202
- M.L.V.Prasad et.al., AN EXPERIMENTAL STUDY OF RCC ELEMENTS MADE WITH BAMBOO AND CANE AS REPLACEMENT TO STEEL,17th World Conference on Earthquake Engineering, 17 to 18 September 2020,17WCEE Sendai, Japan
- M.L.V.Prasad et.al, Durability Studies of Environmental Friendly Self Compacting Concrete with and without Fiber”, 3rd International Conference on Civil and Building Materials – ICCBM2019, 24 -27 January 2019, held at National University of Singapore, Singapore
- M.L.V.Prasad et.al, “Fibres Self Compacting Concrete Strength Prediction Using ANFIS Analytical Model”, International Conference on Computational Science and Technology (ICCST2017), 29th -30th November 2017, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, Springer Publications
- M.L.V.Prasad et.al, “Glass Fiber Effect on Mechanical Properties of Eco- SCC”, International Conference on Functional Materials, Characterization, Solid State Physics, Power, Thermal and Combustion Energy: FCSPTC-2017, 7-8th April 2017, Vijayawada, A.P, India, published in AIP proceedings.
- M.L.V.Prasad et.al, “Eco-efficient Fiber Reinforced Self Compacting Concrete for Replacements of Cement and Natural Sand with Waste Materials”, 3rd International Conference on Earth Science and Engineering, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India, 17th – 18th June 2016
- M.L.V.Prasad et.al, “Quarry Rock Dust As A Partial Replacement of Natural Sand in Fiber Based SCC” International Conference on Sustainable Civil Infrastructure (ICSCI 2014), HITEX, 17-18 October 2014, Hyderabad, A.P, India
- M.L.V.Prasad et.al, “A Study on Flexural Behaviour of Glass Fiber Reinforced Self Compacting Concrete”, International Conference on Innovation in Concrete (ICI-IWC2013), October 23-26 ,2013 Hyderabad, A.P, India.
- M.L.V.Prasad and P.Rathish Kumar, A Study on Tie Confined Glass Fiber Reinforced Self Compacting Concrete (TCGFRSCC), International Conference on Recent Advances in Engineering, Technology and Management (SPICON), Mumbai ,India, May 31 to June 02 2012.
- M.L.V.Prasad and P.Rathish Kumar, A Study on Tie Confined Glass Fiber Reinforced Self Compacting Recycled Aggregate Concrete (TCGFRSCRAC), International Conference on Sustainability Challenges and Advances in Concrete Technology (SCACT), Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu ,India, May 2 to 4th,2012
- P.Rathish Kumar and M.L.V.Prasad “Structural Behaviour of a Tie Confined Self Consolidating Performance Concrete (SCPC) under Axial Compression”, RILEM International Conference, Hong Kong University of Science & Technology, Hong Kong, September 5 – 7, 2011.
- M.L.V.Prasad and P.Rathish Kumar, “Development of Sustainable Fiber Reinforced Self compacting concrete using recycled aggregate”, Third North American Conference on the Design and Use of Self-Consolidating Concrete, Chicago, USA, November 10-12, 2008.
organised workshop/seminar on Awas Par Samvaad’ under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban) [PMAY-U] (2021)
Organised workshop on Hazard Mitigation of Onshore and Offshore Structures HMOOS 2019
Organised workshop on Innovative Construction Materials for Roads & Buildings ICMRB 2018
Organised as coordinator of an International Conference on Recent Advances in Civil Engineering ICRACE 2021.
Organised as coordinator of an International Conference on Advances in Structural Mechanics and Applications (ASMA-2021).
Organised as coordinator of a National Conference on Advances in Structural Technologies( CoAST-2019).
Completed: 01 Ongoing : 05
Guided: 19 Ongoing : 03