Date of Joining: 19/01/2015
Academic/Industrial Experience (in years): 16 years
ACADEMIC / INDUSTRIAL EXPERIENCE (Details)
Associate Professor, National Institute of Technology Silchar (NIT Silchar), Assam, July 2022-till date
Assistant Professor, National Institute of Technology Silchar (NIT Silchar), Assam, 19th Jan 2015-5th July 2022
Assistant Professor, CAEPHT, Gangtok, Sikkim (Central Agricultural University, Imphal), Oct 2008-Jan 2015
Junior Engineer, CAEPHT, Gangtok, Sikkim (Central Agricultural University, Imphal), March 2006-5th Oct 2008
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS (FULL DETAILS )
- B.E. (Civil)-Malaviya National Institute of Technology Jaipur, Rajasthan
- M.E. (Transportation Engineering)- Malaviya National Institute of Technology Jaipur, Rajasthan
- Ph.D. in Civil Engineering – Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee
AREA OF INTEREST AND SPECIALIZATION (INCLUDING RESEARCH AREA)
- Modified Bituminous Binder
- Rheology of Asphalt Binder
- Characterization of pavement materials
- Reclamed asphalt pavement materials
SHORT BIOGRAPHICAL SKETCH
Acted as Assistant Engineer from 2008 to 2012 at CAEPHT, Sikkim , (Central Agricultural University, Imphal), Subject expert for the recruitment of Junior Engineer(Civil) conducted by Sikkim Public Service commission in 2012.
BOOKS / BOOK CHAPTERS
SUBJECTS TAUGHT (INCLUDING SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING)
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
- MHRD Scholarship during Ph.D. at IIT Roorkee
- Faculty Advisor for PG/Phd representative -2019
- Faculty in Charge of Transportation Engineering Laboratory- 2018-2020
- Co-Ordinator for PG in Transportation Engineering-from 2019 till date
- Member of DUPC, DPPC, DPMC
- Associate Warden of Boys Hostel- from 2021 till date
- Member of STA Team, NRRDA.
MANUSCRIPT REVIEWED FROM
- Pinki Deb and Kh. Lakshman Singh, “Mix design, durability, strength enhancement of cold mix asphalt: a state-of-the- art review”, Innovative Infrastructure Solution, 7, N0.61 2021, https://doi.org/10.1007/s41062-021-00600-2
- Sudeep Biswas, Monowar Hussain and Khwairakpam Lakshman Singh, “Behaviour of jute and bamboo geocell with additional basal mat filled with different infill materials overlaying soft subgrade”. International Journal of Geosynthetics and Ground Engineering, Vol. 7 No.56, 2021
- Adheeshkumar Vivek, Mayank Sukhija and Kh. Lakshman Singh “Effect of montmorillonite nanoclay and sulphur-modified blends on the properties of bituminous mixes”. Innovative Infrastructure Solution, 2021, 6(2), 119. https://doi.org/10.1007/s41062-021-00484-2
- T.B. Vishnu and Kh. Lakshman Singh “Experimental Investigation on Fatigue Characteristics of Asphalt Mixes with Different Automobile Waste Tyres as Modifiers” Iranian Journal of Science and Technology-Transactions of Civil Engineering, February 2021, DOI:10.1007/s40996-021-00588-w
- T.B. Vishnu and Kh. Lakshman Singh “A study on the suitability of solid waste materials in pavement construction: A review” International Journal of Pavement Research and Technology, 14(5), pp 625-637 (2021), DOI:10.1007/s42947-020-0273-z
- Kh. Lakshman Singh and Manish Jamatia “Study on Pavement Soil Subgrade Properties with Reinforced Fibres” Indian Geotech J (April 2020) 50(2), pp300–306 https://doi.org/10.1007/s40098-020-00425-3
- Pabitra Rajbongshi, Mitali Saharia, and Kh. Lakshman Singh “Stress Characterization in Visco-Elastic Asphalt Mixes under Different Dynamic Loadings.” Jordan Journal of Civil Engineering, Volume 13, No. 4, 2019, pp 623-636
- Kh. Lakshman Singh and Debjani Panda “Study on Strength Characteristics Improvement of Polyethylene Modified Bituminous Concrete Mixes” Key Engineering Materials, 2019, ISSN: 1662-9795, Vol. 803, pp 216-221
- T. B. Vishnu, Kh. Lakshman Singh, Paul Thomas and Nelson Pynadathu Rumjit “Investigating the suitability of used heavy, medium, and light automobile tyres for bituminous mix pavement applications” Environment, Development and Sustainability (2020) 22 (2), pp1505–1527, https://doi.org/10.1007/s10668-018-0260-6
- Kumar Praveen, Mehndiratta H.C and Singh Lakshman Kh “Comparative Study of Rheological Behaviour of Modified Binders for High –Temperature Areas” Journal of Materials Engineering, American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE), Vol. 22, Issue 10, October 2010, pp 978-984
- Kumar Praveen, Mehndiratta H.C and Singh Lakshman Kh “Rheological Properties of Crumb Rubber Modified Bitumen- A Lab Study” Journal of Scientific and Industrial Research,(JSIR), Vol.68. No. 9, September 2009, pp 812-816
- Kumar Praveen, Mehndiratta H.C and Singh Lakshman “Effect of Mixing of SBS, EVA and Crumb Rubber on Properties of Bituminous Binders” Highway Research Journal, HRB, Indian Roads Congress. Vol.2, No. 1, January-June, 2009, pp-11-40
- Mehndiratta H.C, Kumar P,P.B Anil Durga and Singh Lakshman Kh. “Relationship between Rheological and Empirical properties of Bitumen” Highway Research Bulletin, Indian Roads Congress. Vol.73, October 2005, pp 187-208
- T.B.Vishnu and Kh. Lakshman Singh “ Laboratory investigation on the Performance of Asphalt Modified with Crumb Rubber from different sources” 7th Conference on Transportation Systems Engineering and Management (CTSEM-2020), Organised by KSCSTE-National Transportation Planning & Research Centre and College of Engineering Trivandrum, December 29-30, 2020
- Pinki Deb and Kh. Lakshman Singh “ Effect of Curing on Strength Properties of Cold Mix Asphalt Emulsion using Different Fillers” in the second ASCE India conference on Challenges of resilient and Sustainable Infrastructure Development in Engineering Economics (CRSIDE 2020), March 02 – 04, 2020 at Kolkata
- Adheeshkumar Vivek, Mayank Sukhija, Kh. Lakshman Singh and Smruti Sourava Mohapatra, “Evaluation of Strength Characteristics of Bituminous Mix Using Montmorillonite Nanoclay and Sulphur Modified Bitumen. 5th Conference of Transportation Research Group of India (CTRG-2019). 18-21 December, 2019, MANIT Bhopal
- Dheeraj Sunil Deshmukh,, Kh. Lakhsman Singh “Investigation on Strength Characteristics of Subgrade of Pavement using Waste Material” World Conference on Transport Research – WCTR 2019, Mumbai, 26-31 May 2019, IIT Bombay
- Kh. Lakshman singh and Debjani Panda “Study on Strength Characteristics Improvement of Polyethylene Modified Bituminous Concrete Mixes”. 3rd International Conference on Civil and Building materials (ICCBM 2019), January 24-27, 2019, Singapore
- Kh. Lakshman Singh and Manish Jamatia “Study on Pavement Soil Subgrade Properties with Reinforced Fibres” International Symposium on Geotechnics Transportation Infrastructure (ISGTI-2018), April 07-08, 2018, IIT Delhi, India
- Ayan Dutta and Kh.Lakshman Singh “Fatigue Life Prediction Models in Asphalt Materials” International Conference on Innovations and Research in Sciences, Technology, Commerce, Business Management, Social Science and Humanities for Sustainable Development. Sukh Chandra Mishra Industrial Training Institute, Darbhanga Bihar, India, 24th and 25th March, 2018
- Mehndiratta H.C., Kumar Praveen and Kh. Lakhsman Singh, Influence on Rheological Properties of Modified Bitumen at Higher Temperatures, 2005 International Symposium on Pavement Recycling, Brazil, March 14-16, 2005
- Kh. Lakshman Singh, Tathagatha Khan and Prasenjit Das “ Laboratory investigation on Strength Characteristics of Asphalt Concrete Mixture Containing Fibres” A National Conference on Roads and Transport (NCORT-2017), IIT Roorkee, 14-15 October, 2017
- Deshmukh Dheeraj Sunil, Kh. Lakshman Singh “Use of Waste Material in Soil Subgrade of Pavement” Research Conclave on Recent Innovations in Science and Engineering (RISE 2017), NIT Silchar
- Pinki Dev, Kh.Lakshman Singh “A study of cold mix concrete using emulsion with different types of fillers” Research Conclave on Recent Innovations in Science and Engineering (RISE 2017), NIT Silchar
- Mehndiratta H.C, Kumar P and Singh Lakshman Kh. “Laboratory Study on Rheological and Conventional properties of Modified Bitumen” Proceedings of National Conference on Advances in Road Transportation (ART- 2005), NIT Rourkela, Feb 12-13, 2005, pp 526-536
Awareness cum Training on Application of Information and Communication Technology, Organised by National Research Centre for Orchids, Pakyong, Sikkim, December 19-21, 2013.
Author Workshop on “Scholarly Publishing” Organised by Willey in Collaboration with Central Library, National Institute of Technology, Silchar, March 26, 2015.
Workshop for two-week ISTE STTP on Introduction to Structural Engineering conducted by IIT Kharagpur under National Mission on Education through ICT (MHRD), from 4th to 9th January, 2016.
One Week Workshop on “Applications of Optimization Techniques in Engineering and Technology (AOTET-2017) organised by Department of Mechnical Engineering, NIT Silchar, 24th -1st March 2017.
One week course on ‘Recent advancement in Environmental Engineering, organised by the Civil Engineering, NIT Silchar, Assam. 19th to 23rd March, 2016.
One week short term Training Program om “Recent Advances on Water and Environment Studies” Organised by Department of Civil Engineering, NIT Silchar.
An AICTE approved Faculty Development Programme on Foundation Program in ICT for Education” Conducted by IIT Bombay from August 3,2017 to September 7,2017.
One week short term training program on Recent Advances in Pavement Material Testing and Design” organised by the Department of Civil Engineering, Mishrimal Navajee Munoth Jain Engineering college, Chennai, between 17th Aug.2020 and 22nd Aug.2020.
Sustainable Engineering Series (SES) organised by Association of Consulting Civil Engineers (India), Bangalore Centre, 26 september to 28 november, 2020, Bangalore.
One week workshop on Innovative Construction Materials for Roads and Buildings (ICMRB-2018) under TEQIP-III, Civil Engineering Department, National Institute of Technology Silchar, 9-13th November, 2018.
Five days international Virtual workshop on Morden Trends in Transportation System (MTTS -2020), under TQIP-III, Civil Engineering Department, NIT Silchar, 25-29 July, 2020.
International conference on Recent Advances in Civil Engineering (ICRACE 2021), National Institute of Technology Silchar, 17th -19th September 2021
PhD scholars guided or ongoing: Vishnu T.B (Awarded in 2021), Ongoing-05
PG Student Guided and ongoing: Completed- 43, Ongoing- 06