Date of Joining: 18-07-2022
Academic/Industrial Experience (in years): 2 yrs.
ACADEMIC / INDUSTRIAL EXPERIENCE (Details)
- Assistant Professor (Grade-II), Department of Civil Engineering, National Institute of Technology Silchar, Jul 2022 – Present.
- Assistant Professor, Department of Civil Engineering, University of Engineering and Management, Jaipur, March 2021 – July 2022.
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS (FULL DETAILS )
- PhD in Civil Engineering (Structural Engineering), 2015-2021, Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati, India.
- M.Tech in Structural Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering, 2013-2015, National Institute of Technology Silchar, India.
- B.E. in Civil Engineering, 2009-2013, Assam Engineering College, Guwahati, India.
AREA OF INTEREST AND SPECIALIZATION (INCLUDING RESEARCH AREA)
- Structural Engineering
- Composite Structures
- GFRP Pultruded Profiles
- Steel Structures
- Lightweight structures
- Timber and Bamboo-based Structures
- Fracture Mechanics
- Ground Response Analysis
SHORT BIOGRAPHICAL SKETCH
Dr. Jyotirmoy Haloi completed his B.E. in Civil Engineering from Assam Engineering College, Guwahati, India, in the year 2013. After that he did M.Tech in Structural Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering from NIT Silchar in 2015. His Master’s thesis title was “Site Specific Ground Response Analysis of a Proposed Bridge Site over River Barak along Silchar Bypass Road, India”. After completing his M.Tech, Dr. Haloi joined IIT Guwahati for pursuing PhD in Structural Engineering. His PhD thesis title was “Web Crippling Behaviour of Pultruded Glass Fibre Reinforced Polymer Wide Flange-Section Profiles with Web Perforations”. He received the degree of Doctor of Philosophy from the Department of Civil Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati in the year 2021.
Before joining NIT Silchar, Dr. Haloi was working as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Civil Engineering of University of Engineering and Management, Jaipur, Rajasthan from March 2021 to July 2022. His research interest lies in the field of composite structures, lightweight structures, pultruded GFRP profiles etc.
External Funded Project
- Ansari, Y., Husain, D., Haadi, S.M., Das, U.K., Haloi, J., Iqbal, K., Usama, A.A. and Ubaidurrahman, A., 2023. Ecological Footprint Assessment of Concrete Using e-Waste. In Environmental Assessment of Recycled Waste (pp. 85-101). Singapore: Springer Nature Singapore.
SUBJECTS TAUGHT (INCLUDING SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING)
Numerical Methods for Dynamical Systems (CE 5242)
Design of Steel Structures (CE 307)
Engineering Graphics and Design (CE 101)
Environmental Science and Engineering (CE 102)
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
FIC: UG Computational Lab, Department of Civil Engineering
FIC: Library, Department of Civil Engineering
Departmental Representative for Institute Library
MANUSCRIPT REVIEWED FROM
Steel and Composite Structures
- Ansari, Y., Husain, D., Haadi, S.M., Haloi, J. and Prakash, R., 2022. Life cycle ecological footprint of building: a case study of low-rise tropical residential building. International Journal of Environmental Science and Technology, pp.1-16. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13762-022-04518-9
- Choudhary, S., Haloi, J., Sain, M.K., Saraswat, P. and Kumar, V., 2023. Systematic literature review on thermal and acoustic characteristics of natural fibre polymer composites for automobile applications. Materials Today: Proceedings. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matpr.2023.01.349
- Haloi, J., Borsaikia, A. C. and Singh, K. D., 2022. Effect of web perforation on the performance of pultruded GFRP wide-flange section profile in web crippling under end-two-flange loading configuration. Thin-Walled Structures, 175, p.109187. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tws.2022.109187.
- Haloi, J., Borsaikia, A. C., & Singh, K. D., 2022. Mechanical characterization of pultruded GFRP channel, wide flange and rectangular hollow profiles. Innovative Infrastructure Solutions, 7(1), 1-18. https://doi.org/10.1007/s41062-021-00501-4
- Haloi, J., Borsaikia, A.C. and Singh, K.D., 2021. Web crippling behaviour of web perforated GFRP wide-flange sections subjected to interior-two-flange loading condition. Thin-Walled Structures, 166, p.108072. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tws.2021.108072
- Haloi, J., Mushahary, S.K., Borsaikia, A.C. and Singh, K.D., 2021. Experimental investigation on the web crippling behaviour of pultruded GFRP wide-flange sections subjected to two-flange loading conditions. Composite Structures, 259, p.113469. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compstruct.2020.113469
- Sil, A. and Haloi, J., 2018. Site-specific ground response analysis of a proposed bridge site over Barak River along Silchar Bypass Road, India. Innovative Infrastructure Solutions, 3(1), p.63. https://doi.org/10.1007/s41062-018-0167-y
- Sil, A. and Haloi, J., 2017. Empirical correlations with standard penetration test (SPT)-N for estimating shear wave velocity applicable to any region. International Journal of Geosynthetics and Ground Engineering, 3(3), p.22. https://doi.org/10.1007/s40891-017-0099-1
- Haloi, Jyotirmoy, and Arjun Sil. “Seismic Site Classification of a Bridge Site over River Barak on Silchar Bypass Road.” International Journal of Advanced Earth Science and Engineering 4.1 (2015): pp-275.
- Ansari, Y., Hussain, D., and Haloi, J. (2022). Ecological Footprint Assessment of Small Residential RCC Building. In proceedings of 1st International Conference on Intelligent Energy Management in Smart Cities, Jaipur, September 25-26, 2021, Pages 1-9.
- Choudhary, S., Haloi, J., Sain, M.K. and Saraswat, P., 2023. Advantages and Applications of Natural Fiber Reinforced Hybrid Polymer Composites in Automobiles: A Literature Review. Advances in Modelling and Optimization of Manufacturing and Industrial Systems, pp.645-659.
WORKSHOP / CONFERENCE ORGANIZED