Date of Joining: 16/08/2019
Academic/Industrial Experience (in years):
ACADEMIC / INDUSTRIAL EXPERIENCE (Details)
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS (FULL DETAILS )
- B.E. (1st Class Hons.) in Civil Engineering, 2007, Bengal Engineering & Science University, Shibpur, Howrah 711103, India (Presently, IIEST Shibpur)
- M.E. (1st Class 1st) in Civil Engineering (Specialization: Structural Engineering), 2010, Jadavpur University, Kolkata 700032
- Ph.D. (Engineering), 2017, Jadavpur University, Kolkata 700032
AREA OF INTEREST AND SPECIALIZATION (INCLUDING RESEARCH AREA)
- Noise control,
- Structural dynamics and vibration control,
- Fluid-structure interaction,
- Non-linear hydrodynamics
SHORT BIOGRAPHICAL SKETCH
BOOKS / BOOK CHAPTERS
- Roy, A., Sahu, A. and Bandyopadhyay, D., (2020), A NOVEL SLOSHING DAMPER FOR VIBRATION CONTROL OF SHORT PERIOD STRUCTURES in “Recent Advances in Computational Mechanics and Simulations, Volume-I: Materials to Structures” , Eds. S. K. Saha and M. Mukherjee, Springer (Chapter 26).
SUBJECTS TAUGHT (INCLUDING SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING)
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
- NATIONAL MERIT SCHOLARSHIP in 2001 for securing position within top 100 in Secondary Examination (10th standard).
- NATIONAL MERIT SCHOLARSHIP in 2003 for securing position within top 100 in Higher Secondary Examination (12th standard).
- University Gold Medal in 2010 in Jadavpur University, India for securing highest marks in the Department of Civil Engineering in Master of Engineering (M.E.) Examination.
- DAAD (Germany) Sandwich Model Fellowship to conduct a part of PhD research work in the Institute of Composite Structures & Adaptive Systems of German Aerospace Center (DLR-Braunschweig, Germany) from October, 2012 to December, 2013.
- CSIR (Govt. of India) Senior Research Fellowship during 2014 – 2016.
MANUSCRIPT REVIEWED FROM
1.Sahu, A., Bhattacharya, P., Guha Niyogi, A., and Rose, M., “A mobility based coupled FE-BE Vibroacoustic model for energy transmission simulation into an enclosure through a double-wall panel” Vol. 141, No.6, Journal of the Acoustical Society of America 2017, DOI: 10.1121/1.4989729
2.Sahu, A., Guha Niyogi, A., Rose, M. and Bhattacharya, P. “A two-stage model for energy transmission and radiation analysis of laminated composite double-leaf structures” Vol.139 ,No.4, ASME Journal of Vibration and Acoustics, 2017, DOI: 10.1115/1.4036390
3.Ghosh, S., Sahu, A. and, Bhattacharya, P. “Observer-based H2-robust controller for active vibration control of laminated composite plate with optimally placed IDE-PFC actuator” Vol. 29, No. 3, ASCE Journal of Aerospace Engineering, 2016, doi: 10.1061/(ASCE)AS.1943-5525.0000569
4.Bhattacharya, P., Podder, D. and Sahu, A. Effects of active damping on parametric instability of composite cylindrical shells using piezo fiber compositess, Vol. 3, No.4, International Journal of Aerospace and lightweight Structures, 2014, doi: 10.3850/S2010428614000026
5.Sahu, A., Banerjee, T., Guha Niyogi, A. and Bhattacharya, P. “Active control of radiated sound from stiffened plates using IDE-PFC actuators” Vol. 18, No. 3. International Journal of Acoustics and Vibration.2013. http://dx.doi.org/10.20855/ijav.2013.18.3326
6.Bhattacharya, P. and Sahu, A.”Free field acoustic radiation of composite plates with surface bonded PFC using RME technique” Vol. 40, No. 2.Journal of Acoustical Society of India. 2013
“1.Roy, A., Bandyopadhyay, D. and Sahu, A, (2020), Parametric study on vibration control of short-period structures using sloshing dampers, 2nd ASCE India Conference on Challenges of Resilient and Sustainable Infrastructure Development in Emerging Economies (CRSIDE 2020), 2-4 March, Kolkata, India
2.Sarkar, S., Adhikary, B. R., Sahu, A. and Bhattacharya, P., (2019), Parametric study of TBL induced structural vibration of a flat plate using Smol’yakov and Tkachenko model, International Congress on Computational Mechanics and Simulation 2019 (ICCMS 2019), 11-13 December, IIT Mandi, India
3.Roy, A., Sahu, A. and Bandyopadhyay, D., (2019), A novel sloshing damper for vibration control of short period structures, International Congress on Computational Mechanics and Simulation 2019 (ICCMS 2019), 11-13 December, IIT Mandi, India
4.Adhikary, B. R., Sahu, A., and Bhattacharya, P., (2018), Modelling of sound radiation into the free field due to turbulent boundary layer (TBL) excitation, 13th Western Pacific Acoustics Conference, 11-15 November, CSIR-NPL, New Delhi, India
5.Sahu, A., Guhathakurata, S., Saha, K. and Ghosh, S., (2018), Parametric study on sound transmission through lightweight structural panels, 2nd International Conference on Advances in Mechanical Engineering (ICAME 2018), 22-24 March, SRM University, Chennai, India
6.Bhattacharya, P., Adhikari, B. R. and Sahu, A., (2017), Active structural acoustic control of sound transmission through a double-wall panel based on frequency weighted H2-controller, 24th International Congress on Sound and Vibration (ICSV24), 23-27 July, London, UK
7.Sahu, A. and Bhattacharya, P., (2015), Active structural acoustic control of sound transmission into a laminated composite enclosure using piezoelectric actuator-sensor pair with a frequency weighted optimal H2 controller, ASME 2015 Conference on Smart Materials, Adaptive Structures and Intelligent Systems (SMASIS2015), 21-23 September, Colorado, USA
8.Sahu, A., Ghosh, S. and Bhattacharya, P., (2014), An H2 based optimal controller for active structural acoustic control of radiated sound power from stiffened laminated panels, 6th International Conference on Theoretical, Applied, Computational and Experimental Mechanics, 29-31 December, IIT Kharagpur, India
9.Sahu, A., Ghosh, S., Bhattacharya, P., Unruh, O., Haase, T. and Rose, M., (2014), Energy transmission through curved double-wall panel: A numerical approach, 21st International Congress on Sound and Vibration (ICSV 21), 13-17 July, Beijing, China
10.Bhattacharya, P., Sahu, A., Guha Niyogi, A. and Rose, M., (2013), A novel FE-BE approach for free field vibro-acoustic problem, ACOUSTICS 2013, 10-15 November, NPL New Delhi, India
11.Sahu, A., Guha Niyogi, A. and Bhattacharya, P., (2011), Active vibration control of stiffened laminated composite plates using IDE-PFC actuators, International Conference on Composites for 21st Century: Current & Future Trends (ICC-CFT 2011), 4-7 January, IISc Bangalore, India
12.Bhattacharya, P., Banerjee, T., Pandey, A. and Sahu, A., (2010), Active structural acoustic control (ASAC) of laminated composite plates using piezo fiber composites, International Conference on Vibration Engineering & Technology of Machinery (VETOMAC-VI), 13-15 December, IIT Delhi, India 13.Adhikary, B. R., Sahu, A. and Bhattacharya, P., (2017), Effect of lamina sequences on sound transmission behavior through laminated composite panel, 19th National Seminar on Aerospace Structures, VIT, Vellore, India”
WORKSHOP / CONFERENCE ORGANIZED