Date of Joining: 27/12/2012
Academic/Industrial Experience (in years):
ACADEMIC / INDUSTRIAL EXPERIENCE (Details)
- Presently Associate Professor, July 2022 to date, Department of Civil Engineering, NIT Silchar, India
- Assistant Professor (Grade-I) June 2018- June 2022, Department of Civil Engineering, NIT Silchar, India
- Assistant Professor (Grade-II) Dec 2012- May 2018, Department of Civil Engineering, NIT Silchar, India
- Served as Engineering Officer Gr-I (group-B, Gazetted, Civil, selected through Tripura Public Service Commission, Rank-I), Government of Tripura, India [(June 2003- July 2008); [5 Years+].
- Served as Subject Matter Expert (SME, Civil Engineering) for competitive exams/recruitment with the professional bodies (MERITTRAC Pvt Ltd, India)
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS (FULL DETAILS )
- PhD [Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore] in Civil Engineering (https://iisc.ac.in/).
- M.Tech [National Institute of Technology (NIT), Silchar] in Earthquake Engineering.
- B.Tech [North Eastern Regional Institute of Science & Technology, (NERIST), AP] in Civil Engineering (https://www.nerist.ac.in/)
AREA OF INTEREST AND SPECIALIZATION (INCLUDING RESEARCH AREA)
Interdisciplinary research such as:
- Corrosion & Chloride hazards modeling, Service Life, Condition assessment, Earthquake Engineering (Structural & Soil Dynamics), Seismic Hazards & Risk, Space hazards, blast load & damage modeling, Covid-19 transmission modelling and image based supervised fracture modeling, statistics and hypothesis testing, Monte Carlo simulation, Reliability/Probability & its application in Civil Engineering.
- GIS & Remote sensing, Engineering Seismology, Geophysics, earthquake forecasting, structural health monitoring, DT & NDT testing techniques.
- Forecasting of physical phenomenon, simulation, disaster mitigation, Hazards & Modelling
SHORT BIOGRAPHICAL SKETCH
Madhyamik Exam passed (10th,1996) in schooling level [1986-1996] from Govt School OTHS Tripura, B.Tech in Civil Engineering (2002) from NERIST,AP India, M.Tech in Earthquake Engineering (2010) from NIT Silchar & Ph.D. in Civil Engineering (2014) from IISc Bangalore. AWARDS & ACHIEVEMENT:- Outstanding Structural Engineer of the Year Award 2020, Conferred by the Governing Council of “Indian Association of Structural Engineers (IAStructE), New Delhi, India [awarded on July 10, 2021] for the overall contribution of Civil Engineering [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrHxpzkIavE]. Appointed as “Research Advisor” of NANYANG ACADEMY OF SCIENCES (SINGAPORE) IGS-Sardar Resham Singh Memorial Award-2015, Conferred by Indian Geotechnical Society. New Delhi [http://www.igs.org.in:8080/portal/event-activities/igs-awards.html]. PhD thesis is nominated as best thesis for “Institute MEDAL” in IISc, Bangalore from Civil Engineering Department 2014-2015 DR.B.R AMBEDKAR MEMORIAL AWARD(1997) by the Govt. of Tripura at 10th Std Board Exam NATIONAL SCHOLARSHIP EXAM,1994(4th position in State SCERT Exam, Govt of Tripura, awarded at 8th class up to Graduate level) IN SCHOOLING LEVEL.
- Indian Patent Awarded/Published
1. Title: Device for controlling air pollution emanating from a pollution source “Ref: 201931022120 (Granted by Indian Patent Office, Aug 2020).
- 2. Title” Method for Estimating Shear Wave Velocity,” Indian Patent, Ref-201831010728.
- 3. Title ‘‘A method for preparing novel composition for fly ash bricks with concrete waste debris and self healing bacteria’’ Indian Patent, Ref-202111059380, (jointly filled by Anil Soharu, Naveen BP, and Arjun Sil)
- Work Title: “Methodology for manufacturing of novel fly ash bricks with concrete waste debris and self-healing bacteria”, Application number: 15545/2022-CO/L, Copyright office, GOI, Date of filing: 19.07.2022, Applicants: Anil Soharu, Naveen B.P. and Arjun Sil.
BOOKS / BOOK CHAPTERS
SUBJECTS TAUGHT (INCLUDING SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING)
REVIEWER OF JOURNALS: 1. Natural Hazard Review, ASCE; 2.Geomatics, Natural Hazards and Risk, Taylor & Fancies; 3.Journal of Earthquake Engineering, Taylor & Fancies; 4.Arabian Journal of Geosciences, Springer, 5. ESRJ-Earth Sciences Research Journal, Departamento de Geociencias, Universidad Nacional de Colombia; 6. Journal of Engineering and Technological Sciences Institut Teknologi Bandung. 7.Corrosion Engineering Science and Technology,Taylor and Francies [MEMBERSHIPS]: 1. Member of American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE); 2. Member of Seismological Society of America (SSA,USA) 3. Life member of Indian Geotechnical Society (LMIGS); 4. Member of Institution of Engineers India (MIE); 5. Member of International Geosynthetic Society (IGS, ID-10114). FACULTY PRESENTATIONS/INVITED TALKS:- (1) On 2015, at Department of Civil Engineering, IIT Delhi on the topic “Seismic hazard & Microzonation strategies in Indian contest” organized by Department of Civil Engineering, IIT Delhi,India. (2)On 2016, at Department of Earthquake Engineering, IIT Roorkee on the topic “Seismicity & Seismic Hazard status of NE-India ” organized by Department of Earthquake Engineering, IIT Roorkee,India. (3)On 2017, at Department of Civil Engineering, IIT B.H.U, Varanasi on the topic “ Seismic Hazards and structural response assessment on Indian soil” organized by Department of Civil Engineering, IIT B.H.U, Varanasi,India. (4) On 2017, at IIT Bhubaneswar,India on the topic “ Geophysical techniques and its importance in seismic site characterization.”
World Scientist and University Rankings 2022 as per AD Scientific Index: https://www.adscientificindex.com/scientist_print.php?id=4343951
BROADCASTING CHANNEL INTERVIEW: Doordarshan Kendra (DDK), Silchar Invited as Expert & delivered talks on “Earthquake Disaster Mitigation” through LIVE TELECAST Interview for the Nation on dated-15/03/2017.
1. Currently holding the charge of Head of the Department (HOD), in Civil Engineering NIT Silchar India w.e.f-01-04-2022 to date
MANUSCRIPT REVIEWED FROM
- 58. Saurabh Shukla and Arjun Sil (2023). “Stochastic Finite Fault modeling and simulation for Mw 6.4 Earthquake along Indo-Burmese Arc and estimation of site Class for the Seismic recording Stations based on HVSR Technique”, Natural Hazards Research, Elsevier Publication (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nhres.2022.12.005).
- 57. Soham Biswas and Arjun Sil (2023). “Tsunami Vulnerability Assessment and Multi-Criteria Decision Making Analysis of Eastern Coast of India Using GIS-Based Tools” KSCE Journal of Civil Engineering, Springer Publication (https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s12205-023-1493-y).
- 56. Vanapalli Naveen Kumar and Arjun Sil (2022). “Five Decades Spatial Hazard Maps of Atmospheric Corrosion Predict the rate of Deterioration of Steel Beams in Different Environments of India” Corrosion Reviews (https://doi.org/10.1515/corrrev-2022-0028).
- 55. Joydeep Das and Arjun Sil (2022).“Quantification of Multi-hazard Risk of the existing RC bridges in the Barak Valley Region (India) by using AHP.”Bridge Engineering (Proceedings of the ICE )[https://www.icevirtuallibrary.com/doi/abs/10.1680/jbren.22.00021].
- 54. Sudipta Debroy and Arjun Sil (2022). “An apposite transfer-learned DCNN model for prediction of structural surface cracks under optimal threshold for class-imbalanced data.” Journal of Building Pathology and Rehabilitation, Springer Publication,(https://doi.org/10.1007/s41024-022-00226-6).
- 53. Anil Soharu, Naveen BP and Arjun Sil (2022). “CONSTRUCTION WASTE CAUSE AND SOLUTION – ACTION RESEARCH” Waste and Resource Management (Proceedings of the ICE), (https://doi.org/10.1680/jwarm.21.00045).
- 52. Arjun Sil, Vanapalli Naveen Kumar, and Charla Venketesh (2022). “Frequency-Dependent Quality Factor of Body Waves in the Kathmandu region, Nepal.” Natural Hazards Research, Elsevier Publication (doi.org/10.1016/j.nhres.2022.06.002).
- 51. Tamal Ghosh and Arjun Sil (2022). “”Assessment of wind speed and spatial mapping across the Indian subcontinent.”” Smart Infrastructure and Construction (Proceedings of the ICE), (https://doi.org/10.1680/jsmic.21.00010)
- 50. Tamal Ghosh and Arjun Sil (2022).“”Effect of aspect ratio subjected to wind hazard in tall buildings situated along the coastal line of India.”” The Structural Design of Tall and Special Buildings. Wiley Publication, (doi.org/10.1002/tal.1930).
- 49. Anil Soharu, Naveen BP and Arjun Sil (2022). “”Fly ash bricks development using concrete waste debries and self-healing bacteria.”” Journal of Material Cycles and Waste Management, Springer Publication,(https://link.springer.com/content/pdf/10.1007/s10163-022-01378-w.pdf).
- 48. Saranika Das, Arjun Sil and Naveen BP (2022). EFFECTS OF SOIL-STRUCTURE INTERACTION ON SEISMIC FRAGILITY OF RAILWAY CONCRETE BRIDGE ON INDIAN SOIL”, Iranian Journal of Science and Technology, Transactions of Civil Engineering Springer Publication (doi.org/10.1007/s40996-022-00899-6).
- 47. Mukunda Madhab Borah; Abhijeet Dey; Arjun Sil (2022). “”Reliability assessment of a marine bridge structure considering Indian climatic conditions under time variant loads.”” Innovative infrastructure solutions, Springer publication,(https://doi.org/10.1007/s41062-022-00758-3).
- 46. Abhijeet Dey and Arjun Sil (2021). “”Advanced corrosion-rate model for comprehensive seismic fragility assessment of chloride affected RC bridges located in the coastal region of India””. Structures, Elsevier Publication, (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.istruc.2021.08.045).
- 45. Sayan Kumar Shaw and Arjun Sil (2021). “”A Generous review of Fly Ash Engineering Characteristics on Concrete in trait of Compressive Strength.”” International Journal of Structural Engineering, Inderscience Publishers( http://dx.doi.org/10.1504/IJSTRUCTE.2022.10050097).
- 44. Joydeep Das and Arjun Sil (2021). “Assessment of time-dependent structural resistance of reinforced concrete bridges in the Barak valley region, Assam, India.” Bridge Engineering (Proceedings of the ICE ) -[https://www.icevirtuallibrary.com/doi/pdf/10.1680/jbren.21.00031].
- 43. Sayan Kumar Shaw, Satyaki Ghosh, Abhijeet Dey and Arjun Sil (2021). “”Experimental Investigation on Hysteric Loading Characteristics of Fly Ash as Fractional Substitute of Cement in Reinforced Concrete (RC) Beam-Column Connection at Curing of 90 Days”” Structural Concrete. Wiley Publication (http://doi.org/10.1002/suco.202000353).
- 42. Vanapalli Naveen Kumar and Arjun Sil (2021). “Rubric Assessment and Spatial Zonal Mapping of Atmospheric Corrosion of Steel in India” Corrosion (The Journal of science and Engineering), (https://doi.org/10.5006/3787).
- 41. Pritam Hait, Arjun Sil and Satyabrata Choudhury (2021). “”Modified damage assessment method for reinforced concrete buildings.”” Practice Periodical on Structural Design and Construction , ASCE Publication (https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)SC.1943-5576.0000605).
- 40. Pritam Hait, Arjun Sil and Satyabrata Choudhury (2021). “Prediction of Global Damage Index of Reinforced Concrete Building Using Artificial Neural Network”.International Journal for Computational Methods in Engineering Science & Mechanics. Taylor and Francies publication (https://doi.org/10.1080/15502287.2021.1887405).
- 39. Pritam Hait, Arjun Sil and Satyabrata Choudhury (2021). Damage Assessment of Low to Mid Rise Reinforced Concrete Buildings Considering Planner Irregularities. International Journal for Computational Methods in Engineering Science & Mechanics . Taylor and Francies publication (https://doi.org/10.1080/15502287.2020.1856971).
- 38. Arjun Sil and Vanapalli Naveen Kumar (2020). “Does weather affect the growth rate of COVID-19, a study to comprehend transmission dynamics on human health.”” Journal of Safety Science and Resilience,Elsevier Publication, (doi.org/10.1016/j.jnlssr.2020.06.004).
- 37. Arjun Sil and Vanapalli Naveen Kumar (2020). “”Comprehensive Empirical Equation for Assessment of Atmospheric Corrosion Progression of Steel Considering Environmental Parameters””. Journal of Corrosion Science and Technology, (https://data.doi.or.kr/10.14773/cst.2020.19.4.174).
- 36. Joydeep Das and Arjun Sil (2020). “”Assessment of multi-hazards affecting service life of existing reinforced concrete (RC) bridges of Barak Valley Region, Assam, India.”” Journal of Structural Integrity and Maintenance, Taylor and Francies publication, (https://doi.org/10.1080/24705314.2020.1783123).
- 35. Joydeep Das and Arjun Sil (2020). “”Condition assessment of superstructure component of reinforced concrete bridges through visual inspection in Assam, India.”” Journal of Bridge Structures, IOS Press (doi:10.3233/BRS-200171).
- 34. Sayan Kumar Shaw and Arjun Sil (2020). “”Experimental study on cyclic loading characteristics of fly ash as partial replacement of Cement in beam-column joint.””Case Studies in Construction Materials, Elsevier Publication (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cscm.2020.e00362).
- 33. Pritam Hait, Arjun Sil and Satyabrata Choudhury (2020). “”Damage Assessment of Reinforced Concrete (RC) Framed Building considering Multiple Demand Parameters in Indian Code Provisions”” Iranian Journal of Science and Technology, Transactions of Civil Engineering. Springer Publication (https://doi.org/10.1007/s40996-020-00380-2).
- 32. Nazeel Sabah and Arjun Sil (2020). “”Probabilistic Forecasting of Tsunami Occurrences across Various Tsunamigenic Zones of the Earth””. Pure and Applied Geophysics. Springer Publication (https://doi.org/10.1007/s00024-020-02469-1).
- 31. Vanapalli Naveen Kumar and Arjun Sil (2020). Assessment and spatial mapping of atmospheric corrosion amelioration using empirical equation considering environmental parameters.”Corrosion Engineering Science and Technology,Taylor and Francies publication (https://doi.org/10.1080/1478422X.2020.1739191).
- 30. Abhijeet Dey, Ghanshyam Miyani, Sudipta Debroy and Arjun Sil (2019). “”In-situ NDT investigation to estimate degraded quality of concrete on existing structure considering time-variant uncertainties””. Journal of Building Engineering, Elsevier Publication,(https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jobe.2019.101001).
- 29. Pritam Hait, Arjun Sil and Satyabrata Choudhury (2019). “”Seismic Damage Assessment and Prediction using Artificial Neural Network of RC Building Considering Irregularities.”” Journal of Structural Integrity and Maintenance, Taylor and Francies publication, (https://doi.org/10.1080/24705314.2019.1692167).
- 28. Mukunda Madhab Borah, Abhijeet Dey and Arjun Sil (2019). “Service life assessment of chloride affected bridge located in coastal region of india considering variation in the inherent structural parameters.”Structures, Elsevier Publication, (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.istruc.2019.09.020).
- 27. Arjun Sil and Diptimoyee Phukan (2019). “Quantification and Analysis of air Blast load propagation Characteristics on structures.” Journal of Building Pathology and Rehabilitation, Springer Publication, (https://doi.org/10.1007/s41024-019-0063-7).
- 26. Pritam Hait, Arjun Sil and Satyabrata Choudhury (2019). Damage Assessment of RC Buildings Considering Irregularities.International Journal of Engineering (https://dx.doi.org/10.5829/ije.2019.32.10a.08).
- 25. Abhijeet Dey, Ghanshyam Miyani,and Arjun Sil (2019). “Application of Artificial Neural Network (ANN) for estimating reliable service life of RC structure bookkeeping factors responsible for deterioration mechanism”.Journal of Soft Computing, Springer Publication,(https://doi.org/10.1007/s00500-019-04042-y).
- 24. Pritam Hait, Arjun Sil and Satyabrata Choudhury(2019). Overview on damage assessment of structures, Current Science Vol.117 (1), pp-64-70.(http://dx.doi.org/10.18520/cs/v117/i1/64-70)
- 23. Arjun Sil, Dawa Zangmu Sherpa and Pritam Hait (2019). “Assessment on combined effects of multiple engineering demand parameters (MEDP) contributing on the shape of fragility.” Journal of Building Pathology and Rehabilitation, Springer Publication, (https://doi.org/10.1007/s41024-019-0047-7)
- 22. Abhijeet Dey, Ghanshyam Miyani and Arjun Sil (2019). “”Reliability assessment of reinforced concrete (RC) Bridges due to service loading”” Innovative infrastructure solutions, Springer Publication, (https://doi.org/10.1007/s41062-018-0194-8).
- 21. Arjun Sil, Gourab Das and Pritam Hait (2018). “Characteristics of FBD and DDBD Techniques for SMRF Buildings Designed for Seismic Zone-V in India”. Journal of Building Pathology and Rehabilitation, Springer Publication, (https://doi.org/10.1007/s41024-018-0040-6).
- 20. Arjun Sil and Jyotirmoy Haloi (2018). “”Site Specific Ground Response Analysis of a Proposed Bridge Site over River Barak along Silchar Bypass Road, India””. Innovative infrastructure solutions, Springer Publication, (https://doi.org/10.1007/s41062-018-0167-y).
- 19. Longbir Singnar and Arjun Sil (2018).“Liquefaction potential assessment of Guwahati city using first order second moment method”. Innovative infrastructure Solutions,Springer Publication, Vol.3.pp-1-17.(https://doi.org/10.1007/s41062-018-0138-3).
- 18. Amit Zarola and Arjun Sil (2018). “Forecasting of future earthquakes in the Northeast region of India considering energy released concept.” Computer and Geosciences, Elsevier Publication, Vol.113,pp-1-13. IF-2.533.(https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cageo.2018.01.003)
- 17. Ashish Bahuguna and Arjun Sil (2018). “Comprehensive seismicity,seismic sources and seismic hazard assessment of Assam, North East India”. Journal of Earthquake Engineering, Taylor and Francies. [https://doi.org/10.1080/13632469.2018.1453405].IF-1.044.
- 16. Amit Zarola and Arjun Sil (2017).””Artificial neural networks (ANN) and stochastic techniques to estimate earthquake occurrences in Northeast region of India”” Journal of Annals of Geophysics. vol.60(6).[https://doi.org/10.4401/ag-7353] .IF-1.374.
- 15. Arjun Sil and Jyotirmoy Haloi (2017).””Empirical Correlations with Standard Penetration Test (SPT)-N for Estimating Shear Wave Velocity Applicable to any Region.””International Journal of Geosynthetics and Ground Engineering(Springer Publication), (https://doi.org/10.1007/s40891-017-0099-1)
- 14. Arjun Sil, and T.G. Sitharam (2016). “”Detection of Local Site Conditions in Tripura and Mizoram Using the Topographic Gradient Extracted from Remote Sensing Data and GIS Techniques.”” Natural Hazards Review, (https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)NH.1527-6996.0000228).
- 13. Arjun Sil, T.G. Sitharam and Syad Tabish Haidar (2015). “Probabilistic models for forecasting earthquake in North East region of India.” Bulletin of the Seismological Society of America (BSSA), Vol.105(6),pp-2910-2927, doi:10.1785/0120140361,(Impact Factor-2.32).(https://doi.org/10.1785/0120140361)
- 12. Arjun Sil and TG Sitharam (2015).””Site specific design response spectrum proposed for the capital city of Agartala, Tripura.””Geomatics,Natural Hazards and Risk,(Taylor & Francis),Published online on 17th Dec,2015, (Impact Factor-2.14).(https://doi.org/10.1080/19475705.2015.1124929)
- 11. Sitharam T.G, and Arjun Sil (2014) “Comprehensive seismic hazard assessment of Tripura & Mizoram states.” Journal of Earth System Science, (Springer publication) Vol.123 (4).pp-837-857,(Impact Factor-1.04).(https://doi.org/10.1007/s12040-014-0438-8).
- 10. Arjun Sil and Ashim Kanti Dey (2014), “Dynamic performance of cohesive slope under seismic loading” International Journal of Civil and Structural Engineering, Vol.5(1).1-14, 2014, doi:10.6088/ijcser.201304010010.
- 9. Arjun Sil, and T.G.Sitharam (2014). “Dynamic site Characterization & Correlation of Shear wave velocity with SPT ‘N’ values for the city of Agartala, Tripura state, India.” Journal of Pure& Applied Geophysics, Vol.171(8),pp-1859-1876 (Springer publication),(https://doi.org/10.1007/s00024-013-0754-y)
- 8. Arjun Sil and Sitharam T.G (2013) “Site response evaluation of Agartala city using geophysical and geotechnical data” International Journal of Geotechnical Earthquake Engineering,(IGI-Global publication),Vol.4(2),pp-53-73.(Impact Factor-0.16).(
- 7. Arjun Sil, T.G. Sitharam, and Sreevalsa Kolathayar (2013) “Probabilistic seismic hazard analysis of Tripura and Mizoram states.” Natural Hazards (Springer publication) Vol.68 No.2 (2013), 1089-1108.(https://doi.org/10.1007/s11069-013-0678-y).
- 6. Pritam Hait, Arjun Sil and Satyabrata Choudhury (2018).Quantification of damage to RC Structures: A Comprehensive review. Disaster Advances .Vol.11(12),pp-41-59
- 5. Arjun Sil (2018). “Stochastic Simulation of Rock Level Motion for Indo- Bangladesh Border Earthquake (1988) of Magnitude (Mw 5.9) in North East India.” Disaster Advances.Vol.11(1).pp-45-56.
- 4. Longbir Singnar, and Arjun Sil (2017). “Assessment of soil liquefaction potential of Guwahati city based on standard penetration test data. Disaster Advances.Vol.10.(12).pp-10-21
- 3. Arjun Sil and Thaihamdau Longmailai (2017).”Drift Reliability Assessment of a Four Storey Residential Building under Seismic Loading Considering Multiple Factors.”Journal of the Institution of Engineers (India):Series A.Springer Publication, Volume 98, Issue 3, pp 245–256.(https://doi.org/10.1007/s40030-017-0216-0).
- 2. Amit Zarola and Arjun Sil (2017)”Quantification of recent seismicity and a back propagation Neural Network for forecasting of earthquake magnitude in Northeast Region of India”Disater Advances(SCiE),Vol. 10 (6 ),pp-17-34
- 1. Arjun Sil (2017). “Spatial analysis of IISc campus using Remote Sensing data and Image processing (GIS) technique” Disaster advances(SciE). Vol.10.(4)/2017.pp-52-59
12. Jaydeep Das and Arjun Sil (2021). “Estimating Service-Life Deterioration of RC Bridges due to Multi-hazards in Barak Valley Region, Assam, India.” Civil Engineering for Disaster Risk Reduction Conference (VCDRR 2021), (https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-981-16-5312-4_23)
11.Anil Soharu, Naveen BP, Arjun Sil (2021). “Effectiveness of existing green rating systems towards zero waste construction.”AIP Conference Proceedings, 2396, 030014 (2021).(https://doi.org/10.1063/5.0066416 ).
10. Pritam Hait, Arjun Sil and Satyabrata Choudhury (2019). “Damage assessment of reinforced concrete multi- storeyed SMRF Buildings”. [paper ID:ITCSD-ES096],- International Conference on Innovative Trends in Civil Engineering for Sustainable Development (ITCSD – 2019) at NIT Warangal, 13-15 September 2019.
9. Jaydeep Das and Arjun Sil (2019). “Condition assessment and failure probability of existing bridges in the cachar district, Assam” [paper ID:094], IACMAG2019 Symposium, IIT Gandhinagar,5-7 March 2019.(link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-981-15-0886-8_48).
8. Arjun Sil, Vanapalli Naveen Kumar, Anisha Kumari, Pratyasha Gogoi, and Debasish Mojumder (2019). “Experimental comparative study on strength parameters of concrete assimilating glass fibers of fine aggregate, cement with rubber & GGBS,”[paper ID:082], IACMAG2019 Symposium, IIT Gandhinagar,5-7 March 2019. (https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-981-15-0886-8_38).
7. Nazeel Sabah, Arjun Sil and G. Vijayakumar (2019). A Season-wise Geotechnical and Morphological Study of Alteration in Coastal Profile along the Shores of Pondicherry, India, 7th Indian Young Geotechnical Engineers Conference (7IYGEC 2019),(Paper ID: 99], 15-16 March,2019.[https://books.google.co.in/bookshl=en&lr=lang_en&id=Ic1kEAAAQBAJ&oi=fnd&pg=PA444&ots=zJVP2VeGtI&sig=KBuk0wRyzCgwb4zC9y9TRPMTu10#v=onepage&q&f=false]
6.Saranika Das and Arjun Sil (2019). Comparative seismic fragility study of railway concrete bridge piers with and without the effect of soil structure interaction. 7th Indian Young Geotechnical Engineers Conference (7IYGEC 2019),(Paper ID: 98], 15-16 March, 2019.[https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-981-16-6456-4_39]
5. Avishek Chakraborty and Arjun Sil (2018). Experimental study of reinforced and unreinforced soil retaining wall using shake table facility. 11th International conference on Geosynthetics (11ICG-2018), vol.4 pp-2817-2832, Seoul, South Korea (16-21 Sept 2018), ISBN-978-171380608-0.
4. Ujjal Jyoti Dutta and Arjun Sil (2015). Ground response analysis: A Comprehensive Review. 50th Indian Geotechnical Conference (IGC-2015).
3. Sitharam T.G, Arjun Sil, and Kolathayar S (2011). “Probabilistic evaluation of seismic hazard in and around Tripura” Tripura Science Congress 2011(8th to 10th Sept 2011.
2. A.K. Dey and Arjun Sil (2010). ‘Yield deformation of cohesive soil’. Indian Geotechnical Conference, Dec-2010.
1. A.K. Dey and Arjun Sil (2010). ‘Analysis on stability of slope in cohesive embankment under static and dynamic condition’ 3rd International Earthquake Symposium, IESB-3, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Acted as Editor & Theme Coordinator in Springer edited book for publication ‘Lecture Notes in Civil Engineering’ of International conference on recent advances in Civil Engineering (ICRACE-2021) from 17-19 September 2021 at NIT Silchar. (https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-19-4055-2).
WORKSHOP / CONFERENCE ORGANIZED
13. Invited lecture delivered on “Quantification and Spatial mapping of Atmospheric Corrosion Hazards in Indian Context” at 15th National Frontiers of Engineering (NatFoE-2021) Symposium organized by Indian National Academy of Engineering (INAE) & Indian Institute of Technology, Hyderabad (IITH) in July 9-10, 2021[https://www.iith.ac.in/natfoe2021/]
12. Invited lecture delivered on “ESTIMATING SERVICE-LIFE DETERIORATION OF RC BRIDGES DUE TO MULTI-HAZARDS IN BARAK VALLEY REGION, ASSAM, INDIA” on Virtual conference on disaster risk reduction from 15-20 march 2021 [VCDRR-2021] [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HA-Ul5CZCy0].
11.Invited lecture delivered on “Seismic Risk Evaluation with Local Site Effects for Earthquake Resistant Design” in a five days online faculty development program on Seismic analysis & Retrofitting of structures” from 30th November to 4th December 2020 by Marwadi Education Foundation & Marwadi , University Gujarat, India. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBgaxvx0h24&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR0-V3O8TqGl2BXfP4fS-5n8efxze1UaZXnENEvI588BI92e2Kwz_k69uDM
10. Invited expert lecture webinar for One Week Online International Workshop on “Developments in Structural Dynamics & Soil-Structure Interaction (DSD&SSI-2020) during 11-15 September, 2020, Sponsored by TEQIP-III and In association with IIC, NIT Silchar organized by Dept of Civil Engineering,NIT Silchar,India [https://youtu.be/4es1vX01LKQ]
9. Invited expert lecture Webinar for One day Seminar on “Necessity of seismic response assessment for Geotechnical sites” organized by Indian Geotechnical Society Silchar Student Chapter, on dated-14/06/2020 through online [https://www.youtube.com/watchv=XYVrFCBr7w0&fbclid=IwAR2nSJ4CJusk1E3jWQiwYC5PZENGewJUOiY15oeHuRgc8gzGsF967P-oWlE ].
8. Acted as Co-Chairman of 7th Indian ‘Young Geotechnical Engineering Conference’ (7IYGEC) held on 15-16 March 2019 at NIT Silchar.
7. Invited expert lecture titled “Seismic Hazard status of Tripura along with Microzonation of Agartala, India” delivered in one week international workshop on Advanced Seismology, Seismic Hazards & Earthquake Engineering: Theory, Simulation & Observations (ASSHEE-2019) organized by NIT Agartala held on dated-12-17,Dec 2019.
6. Acted as Review Secretary of National conference of Advanced Structural technology (CoAST-2019) from 1-3 February 2019 at NIT Silchar
5. Acted as Co-Ordinator & Expert for 5 days workshop titled ‘Earthquake Disaster Mitigation’ from 16-20 January 2019.[www.barakbulletin.com/en_US/earthquake-disaster-mitigation-committee-to-be-set-up-in-nit/]
4. Acted as Principal-Coordinator for ‘One day Springer Nature Author workshop on scientific Publishing’ held on 21st August 2018 at NIT Silchar.
3. Invited expert lecture delivered for One day Seminar on “Geotechnical Problems in Southern Assam – Causes and Remedies” Organized Jointly by Indian Geotechnical Society Silchar, Chapter, and Institution of Engineers, India, Silchar Local Centre on dated-09-09-2017.
2. Acted as Co-Convener in 2 Days National Conference at NIT Silchar, titled “Recent advancement in Geotechnical investigations and Ground improvement techniques” on 14-15 May, 2017.
1. Acted as Co-Ordinator & expert for 3 days training Programme titled “Earthquake Resistant Structures & Retrofitting Techniques” for Practicing Engineers” on 21-23rd November, 2016, sponsored by ASDMA, Govt. of Assam.
- 15 (04-defended, 02-Submitted, 09-ongoing)
- 39( 35-Completed, 04-ongoing)
For further details please visit the link as: https://sites.google.com/view/dr-arjun-sil/home