Date of Joining:
ACADEMIC / INDUSTRIAL EXPERIENCE (Details)
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS (FULL DETAILS )
- B.E. NIT Silchar (Formerly known as REC, Silchar)
- M. Tech. IIT Delhi
- Ph.D. IIT Guwahati
AREA OF INTEREST AND SPECIALIZATION (INCLUDING RESEARCH AREA)
- Civil Engineering Materials
- Retrofitting and rehabilitation of structures
- Beam-column joint
SHORT BIOGRAPHICAL SKETCH
Dr. Aminul Islam Laskar did his BE in Civil Engineering from REC Silchar (presently NIT Silchar). He did his M.Tech in Building Science and Construction Management from IIT Delhi and PhD form IIT Guwahati in the area of Concrete Technology. He has authored 02 books viz. Concrete Technology (to be published shortly by Laxmi Publications (P) limited New Delhi), and Workability and Rheology of fresh Concrete (manuscript has been accepted for publication by Springer-Verlag, Germany). Dr Laskar has also filed for patents for ‘Concrete Rheometer’ (Patent application has already been published by Controller of Patents, Govt of India) and the filing of ‘Improved concrete superplasticizer’ is in process. He has undertaken R&D projects sponsored by DSIR and AICTE.
1. Improved Concrete rheometer (Patent no. 301513)
2. A slag based geopolymer with good compressive strength and method of preparation thereof (Patent no. 380963)
BOOKS / BOOK CHAPTERS
- Concrete Technology, Laxmi Publications (P) Ltd, New Delhi
- Concrete Technology Practices, Narosa Publishing House New Delhi
- Rheological behavior of geopolymer mortar with fly ash, slag and their blending (book chapter), Springer Nature Singapore), Advances in structural Technology
SUBJECTS TAUGHT (INCLUDING SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING)
- ISTE (Life time member)
- Fellow, Institute of Engineers
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
- Former HoD Civil Engineering
- Former Dean (Faculty welfare)
- Former Dean (Planning and Development)
MANUSCRIPT REVIEWED FROM
- Laskar A I, Talukdar S. Design of a new rheometer for concrete, Journal of ASTM International, American Institute of Physics, Vol. 5, No. 1, 2008.
- A I Laskar and Bhattacharjee R, Torque-speed relationship in a concrete rheometer with vane geometry, Construction and Building Materials, Elsevier, 25, 3443-3449, 2011.
- A I Laskar and Bhattacharjee R, Rheology of fly ash based geopolymer concrete, ACI Materials Journal, American Concrete Institute, Vol 108, No.5, 536-542, September-October, 2011.
- Laskar A I, Talukdar S. Rheological behavior of high-performance concrete with mineral admixtures and their blending, Construction and Building Materials, Elsevier, 22 (2008) 2345-2354.
- Laskar A I, R Kumar, B Bhattacharjee. Some aspects of evaluation of concrete through mercury intrusion porosimetry, Cement and Concrete Research, Elsevier, 27(1), 93-105, 1997.
- Laskar A I, Talukdar S. Rheology based approach for workability characterization of high-performance concrete, Canadian Journal of Civil Engineering, vol. 36, pp 1239- 1244, 2009.
- Laskar A I, Talukdar S. Correlation between compressive strength and rheological parameters of high-performance concrete, Research Letters in Materials Science, Vol. 2007, article ID 45869.
- Laskar A I, Talukdar S. A new mix design method of high-performance concrete, Asian Journal of Civil Engineering, Vol. 9, No. 1, pp 31-39, 2008.
- Laskar A I, Talukdar S. Rheology of steel fiber reinforced concrete, Asian Journal of Civil Engineering, Vol. 9, No. 1, pp 1-11, 2008.
- Laskar A I, B Bhattacharjee. Experimental Investigation of pore structure and permeability of concrete by mercury intrusion porosimetry, Indian Concrete Journal, pp 237-239, May-1996.
- Laskar A I, F A Talukdar. Optimum shape and fenestration of RCC buildings in NE hilly places, Journal of the Solar Energy Society of India, 14(2), 11-1, 2004.
- Laskar A I. Indoor environment and energy conservation of RC framed buildings in the hilly areas of Northeast, Ecology, Environment and Conservation, 9(3), 301-306, 2003.
- Laskar A I. Correlating slump, slump flow, Vebe, and flow test to rheological properties of high-performance concrete, Materials Research, Vol. 12, No. 1, pp 63-69, 2009.
- Laskar A I. Mix Design of High-Performance Concrete, Materials Research, 14(4); 429-433, 2011.
- Laskar A I and R Bhattacharjee, Effect of Plasticizer and superplasticizer on rheology of fly ash based geopolymer concrete, ACI Materials Journal, 110 (5), pp 513-518, September- October, 2013.
- Mozumder R A, A I Laskar, Prediction of unconfined compressive strength of geopolymer stabilized clayey soil using ANN, Computers and Geotechnics, Elsevier, 69 (2015) 291-300.
- Singhi B, A I Laskar, M A Ahmed, Investigation on soil-geopolymer with slag, fly ash and their blending, Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering, Springer, 41, 393-400, 2016.
- Mozumder R A, A I Laskar, M Hussain. Empirical Approach For Strength Prediction of Geopolymer Stabilized Clayey Soil Using Support Vector Machines, Construction and Building Materials, Elsevier, 132 (2017), 412-424.
- Mozumder R A, Biswajit Roy, A I Laskar. Support Vector Regression Approach to Predict the Strength of FRP Confined Concrete. Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering, Springer, 42:1129-1146 (2017).
- Roy Biswajit, AI Laskar. Cyclic behavior of in-situ exterior beam-column subassemblies with cold joint in column. Engineering Structures, Elsevier, 132 (2017), 822-833.
- Singhi B, A I Laskar, M A Ahmed. Mechanical Behavior and Sulfate Resistance of Alkali Activated Stabilised Clay, Geotechnical Geological Engineering, Springer, 35 (2017): 1907-1920.
- Biswajit Roy, AI Laskar. Beam–column subassemblies with construction joint in columns above and below the beam, Magazine of Concrete Research, http://dx.doi.org/10.1680/jmacr.17.00155
- Monjusha Sarmah, Biswajit Roy, · Ruhul Amin Mozumder, ·Aminul Islam Laskar. Effect of Chopped Basalt Fibers on the Cyclic Behavior of RCC Beam–Column Subassemblies, Arab J Sci Eng, 43 (2018): 1865-1874.
- Mozumder R A, A I Laskar, M Hussain. Penetrability prediction of microfine cement grout in granular soil using Artificial Intelligence techniques, Tunneling and Underground Space Technology, Elsevier, 72 (2018), 131-144.
- Biswajit Roy, AI Laskar. Cyclic performance of Beam–column subassemblies with construction joint in columns retrofitted with GFRP, Structures, Elsevier, 14 (2018) 290-300.
- MLV Prasad, Prasenjit Saha and AI Laskar, Behaviour of Self-Compacting Reinforced Concrete Beams Strengthened with Hybrid Fiber under Static and Cyclic Loading, International Journal of Civil Engineering, Springer, 16(2018) 169-178.
- P Dey, V Akhil and AI Laskar, Application of Smartphone and Model Updating Technique in Structural Health Monitoring, Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering, Springer, https://doi.org/10.1007/s13369-018-3565-8
- Biswajit Roy and AI Laskar, Construction Joints in Substandard Beam-Column Connections Subjected to Cyclic Loading, Magazine of Concrete Research, ICE Publishing, https://doi.org/10.1680/jmacr.17.00482.
- Palash Dey, R. K. Gupta and A. I. Laskar, Numerical and Experimental Investigations of Different Cross-Sectional Configuration of Plain Concrete and CFST Short Columns Under Axial Compression, International Journal of Civil Engineering, Spinger, 17(10), 1585-1601, 2019.
- A H Choudhury, A I Laskar. Effect of Hoop Reinforcement Yielding on the Cyclic Behavior of Beam-column Joint, Journal of Earthquake Engineering, Taylor and Francis, Published online: 30 Jun 2020.
- S M Laskar, R A Mozumder, A I Laskar, Behavior of RC beam repaired using alkali activated slag based agent under static and cyclic loading, Structures, Elsevier, 31 (2021) 761-768.
- A H Choudhury, A I Laskar, Rehabilitation of substandard beam column joint using geopolymer, Engineering Structures, Elsevier, 238 (2021) 112241.
- R A Mozumder, S M Laskar, A I Laskar, Optimization of geometrical features of a vane concrete rheometer using genetic algorithm, Arabian Journal of Science and Engineering, June 2021; https://doi.org/10.1007/s13369-021-05781-7
- A H Choudhury, A I Laskar. Combined effect of cold joint and yielded hoop reinforcement on cyclic behavior of seismically detailed beam column joints, Structures, Elsevier, 31 (2022) 879-891.
- B Roy, A H Choudhury, A I Laskar. Post-fire performance of slag-based geopolymer concrete exterior beam-column joint, Structures and Buildings, ICE, 2022, Published online https://doi.org/10.1680/jstbu.21.00183.
- S M Laskar, R A Mozumder, A I Laskar, Optimization of Geometrical Features of a Vane Concrete Rheometer Using Genetic Algorithm, Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering, Springer, 46 (11), 2021, 11279-11290
- A H Choudhury, A I Laskar, Performance of Geopolymer Mortar and Steel Fiber Reinforced Geopolymer Mortar on Rehabilitation of Seismically Detailed Beam-Column Joint, Journal of Earthquake Engineering, Taylor & Francis, 2022, Published online, https://doi.org/10.1080/13632469.2022.2086187.
- Arshad H Choudhury, A I Laskar, Rehabilitation of exterior beam column joint using geopolymer mortar 2018 Dec 19-21 SEC 18, Proc Structural Engineering Convention Jadavpur University
- Sharmistha Paul, A. I. Laskar and A. K. Dey Application of Geopolymer in foundations 2012 13-15 December Proc. of Indian Geotechnical Conference, Vol I, IIT Delhi
- Laskar A I and R Bhattacharjee Effect of high range water reducing admixtures on rheological behavior of fly ash based geopolymer concrete 2012 May 2,3 & 4 – 2012 Proc International Conference on Sustainability Challenges & Advances in Concrete Technology SCACT 2012 PSG College of Technology Coimbatore
- Laskar A I and R Bhattacharjee Effect of plasticizer and super-plasticizer on workability of fly ash based geopolymer concrete 2012 June 21-23, 2012 Proc International Conference on Advances on Architecture and Civil Engineering M S Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bangalore
- Laskar A I, Use of ground waste glass in concrete 2011 21-23 March 2nd Global Cement and Concrete Conference Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
- Laskar A I, Rajan Bhattacharje Rheological behavior of fly ash based geopolymer concrete 2010 25- 27 August, 2010 35th Conference on Our world in concrete and structures Singapore
- Laskar A I, S Talukdar Rheological Behavior of High-Performance Concrete with Rice Husk Ash 2008 8th International Symposium on Utilization of High-Strength and High-Performance Concrete Tokyo,Japan, 2008
- Laskar A I, S A Barbhuiya. Influence of classified rice husk ash on splitting tensite strength of HSC 2004 International Conf TACEM IIT- Kharagpur
- Laskar A I, B Bhattacharjee Porosity and pore structure of concrete- A study with MIP 1995 National Conference on Civil Engg Mat and Structures Osmania University
- Laskar A I, Talukdar S. Is water-cement ratio a fundamental property of fresh concrete rheology?, 2007 Proc of International Conf on Recent Developments in Structural Engineering Manipal, India.
WORKSHOPS / CONFERENCE ORGANIZED