Date of Joining: 15/07/2019
Academic/Industrial Experience: 2 years
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS (FULL DETAILS )
- Post Doc (IIT Bombay)
- PhD (IIT Kanpur)
- M.E. (Bengal Engineering & Science University, Shibpur)
- B.Tech. (Haldia Institute of Technology)
AREA OF INTEREST AND SPECIALIZATION (INCLUDING RESEARCH AREA)
- Asphalt mix characterization,
- Microscopic study on asphalt mix,
- Rheological characterization of asphalt binders,
- Reclaimed asphalt pavement material characterization,
- pavement safety characterization
SHORT BIOGRAPHICAL SKETCH
Dr. Ambika Kuity completed her B.Tech in Civil Engineering from Haldia Institute of Technology. After that, she did M.E. from IIEST Shibpur in the specialization of Highway & Traffic Engineering and her thesis work was related to improvisation of strength property of subgrade layer by using laterite soil and prediction model by ANN. In her masters, she Received Silver medal for securing 1st position in M.E. among PG students of Civil Engineering department, IIEST Shibpur. Then she joined IIT Kanpur for pursuing PhD in the area of pavement engineering. She awarded PhD degree on 5th March, 2018. Her PhD dissertation topic was “Studies on the effect of distribution of aggregates on the mechanical response of asphalt mix”. During PhD work, she won 1st prize in Micrography contest (Diminuto’15) held at IIT Kanpur on March, 2015. Also, she was post-doctoral fellow at IIT Bombay and worked in advance pavement laboratory. Before that she acted as guest faculty at IIEST, Shibpur from Jan, 2018 to June, 2018. Also, she acted as reviewer for two international journals and two international conferences. She has 6 SCI journal papers and 8 conference papers from her PhD and Masters work. Her area of research interests is on asphalt mix characterization, microscopic study on asphalt mix, rheological characterization of asphalt binders, reclaimed asphalt pavement material characterization
SUBJECTS TAUGHT (INCLUDING SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING)
Life member of Transportation Research Group of India (Membership number:20165 and valid upto 26th June, 2051 )
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
- Received Silver medal for securing 1st position in M.E. among PG students of Civil Engineering department, BESU Shibpur (Currently IIEST Shibpur)
- Won 1st prize in Micrography contest (Diminuto’15) held at IIT Kanpur on March, 2015
- Acting as Faculty in charge of Transportation Engineering Laboratory of Civil Engineering Department, NIT Silchar (Nov’20-Nov’-22)
- Acting as a member of DPMC for PhD students, NIT Silchar (Nov’20-Nov’-22)
SERVED AS TPC
MANUSCRIPT REVIEWED FROM
- International Journal of Pavement Engineering
- Journal of Advance Transportation system
- Journal of Construction and Building material
- Canadian Journal of Civil Engineering
- TPMDC 2020
- 3rd Conference of Transportation Research Group of India
- Reviewed abstract for 12th Transportation Planning and Implementation Methodologies for Developing Countries
- Reviewed abstract for 2021 International Conference on Resource Sustainability – Sustainable Pavement Technologies
1.Kuity, A., Jayaprakasan, S., and Das, A., Laboratory investigation on volume proportioning scheme of mineral fillers in asphalt mixture, Construction and Building Materials, 68, 2014, pp.637-643.
2.Kuity, A., and Das, A., Homogeneity of filler distribution within asphalt mix – a microscopic study, Construction and Building Materials, 95, 2015, pp.497-505
3.Kuity, A., and Das, A., Effect of filler gradation on creep performance of asphalt mix, Road materials and Pavement Design, 18(4), 2017, pp.913-928
4.Kuity, A., and Das, A., Estimation of aggregate gradation from partial gradation information obtained by multiple imaging equipment, European Journal of Environmental and Civil Engineering, 2017.
5.Kuity, A., and Das, A., In search of a possible size-demarcation between load bearing and suspended aggregates in asphalt mix-an experimental approach, Road materials and Pavement Design, 2018
6.Singh, D., Kuity, A., Girimath, S., Suchismita, A., & Showkat, B. Investigation of Chemical, Microstructural, and Rheological Perspective of Asphalt Binder Modified with Graphene Oxide. Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering. vol.32, no.11, pp.302-323, Nov 2020.: 10.1061/(ASCE)MT.1943-5533.0003385
1.Roy, T.K., Chattopadhyay, B.C., Roy, S.K., and Kuity, A., Use of laterite soil as admixture to alluvial soil for improving Roadway subgrade characteristics, Proceedings of Indian Geotechnical Conference, Kochi (Paper No.H-078), India, 2011, pp. 390-392.
2.Kuity, A., and Roy, T., Utilization of geogrid mesh for improving the soft subgrade layer with waste material mix compositions, Procedia-Social and Behavioural Sciences, 2nd Conference of Transportation Research Group of India, Agra, India, 104, 2013, pp. 255-263. < http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1877042813045096 >
3.Kuity, A., and Das, A., Study on aggregate size distribution in asphalt mix using images obtained by different imaging techniques, Transportation research procedia, 11th Transportation Planning and Implementation Methodologies for Developing Countries, Bombay, India, 17, 2014, pp. 340-348
4.Chanchal D., Kuity, A. and Das, A., Study on absorption of water and asphalt binder in aggregates, Proceedings of 3rd Conference of Transportation Research Group of India, Kolkata, India, 2015
5.Savarnya, A., Kuity, A., Gupta, S., Chandra, A. and Das, A. Study of asphalt binder diffusion using atomic force microscopy, Tenth International Conference on the Bearing Capacity of Roads, Railways and Airfields, Athens, Greece, 2017
6. Kuity, A., & Das, A. (2020). ‘Effect of Gradation of Fine Aggregates on Creep Deformation of Fine Aggregate Mix (FAM) and Asphalt Mix’. In Transportation Research (pp. 737-745). Springer, Singapore.
7.Kuity, A. and Baidya A. Evaluation of Moisture Sensitivity of Asphalt Mixes Containing Cigarette Butt Ash as Filler, Second ASCE India Conference on “Challenges of Resilient and Sustainable Infrastructure Development in Emerging Economies” (CRSIDE2020), Kolkata, March 2-4, 2020
- Roy, T., Kuity, A., and Roy, S.K.., Prediction of soaked CBR for subgrade layer by using Artificial Neutral Network model, Proceedings of International Symposium on Engineering under Uncertainty: Safety Assessment and Management (ISEUSAM-2012), Kolkata, India, 2012, pp. 1195-1206.
- Kuity, A., and Das, A., Estimation of appropriate filler quantity in asphalt mix from micro-structural studies, Proceedings of Testing and Characterization of Sustainable & Innovative Bituminous Materials, RILEM SIB symposium, Ancona, Italy, 2015. pp. 49-59.
- Modern trends in Transportation Engineering during 25th -29th June, 2020 in association with TEQIP III.
- Sustainability in Transportation Engineering: Innovation and Entrepreneurship Opportunities (STEIEO) – 2022 during 21st -25th March, 2022 in association with Institution’s Innovation Council.
Vipin Pal (PI), Sudipta Chakraborty (Co-PI) and Ambika Kuity (Co-PI), ” Cradle of Happiness” sponsored by MSME, September 2021 (1.80 lakhs approved from PMAC decision GoI grant) .
Jan’2020-Present:Mr. Dhanunjaya Yeddu,
Jun’2021-Present: Md Naumanul Yaqueen
- Md Naumanul Yaqueen
- Avratanu Roy
- Sayantan Sasmal
- Priyank Bhardwaj
- Bishal Halder,
- Avishek Ghosh
- T.Vishnu Vardhan Reddy
- Shajrul Mumin Khan
- Pradeep Vitthal Pawar
- Shiva Ramakrishna A
- Azaz Alam
- Javeed Mohammed
- Ramanand Singh