Phone: +91 7060324154
Date of Joining: -08-2022
Academic/Industrial Experience (in years): 3.5 yrs
ACADEMIC / INDUSTRIAL EXPERIENCE (Details)
- Assistant Professor (Grade-II), Department of Civil Engineering, National Institute of Technology Silchar, August 2022 – Present.
- Assistant Professor, Department of Civil Engineering, National Institute of Technology Hamirpur, Hamirpur, December 2018 – August 2022.
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS (FULL DETAILS )
- PhD in Civil Engineering (Transportation Engineering), Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, India (2018).
- M.Tech in Transportation Engineering, Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur (2014).
- B.E. in Civil Engineering, Jalpaiguri Government Engineering College, India (2012).
AREA OF INTEREST AND SPECIALIZATION (INCLUDING RESEARCH AREA)
SHORT BIOGRAPHICAL SKETCH
External Funded Project
Project Title: Traffic safety assessment at horizontal curvature on hilly highways using lateral indiscipline-based approach.
Sponsor: Himachal Pradesh Council for Science Technology and Environment (HIMCOSTE)
Budget: Rs. 1,80,000 /-
Position: Principal Investigator
- Thakur, S., Chaurasiya, N., Gautam, A., Bhavna, and Biswas, S. (2021). “Impact of Pedestrian Movements on Capacity of Undivided Streets: A Case Study”. Advances in Sustainable Construction Materials, Lecture Notes in Civil Engineering, Vol 124, Springer, 77-86. DOI: 10.1007/978-981-33-4590-4_9.
- Tanwar, R., Pandey, N., Biswas, S. (2022). “Development of Free-Flow Criteria for Divided Rural Highway: A Case Study”. Recent Advancements in Civil Engineering. Lecture Notes in Civil Engineering, Vol 172. Springer. DOI: 10.1007/978-981-16-4396-5_67.
SUBJECTS TAUGHT (INCLUDING SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING)
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
MANUSCRIPT REVIEWED FROM
- Biswas, S., Chakraborty, S., Chandra, S. and Ghosh, I. (2017). “Kriging-based Approach for Estimation of Vehicular Speed and Passenger Car Units on an Urban Arterial.” Journal of Transportation Engineering, Part A: Systems, ASCE, Vol 143 (3). DOI: 10.1061/JTEPBS.0000031
- Biswas, S., Chandra, S. and Ghosh, I. (2017). “Effects of On-street Parking in Urban Context: A Critical Review.” Transportation in Developing Economics, Springer, Vol 3: 10. DOI: 10.1007/ s40890-017-0040-2
- Biswas, S., Chandra, S. and Ghosh, I. (2017). “Estimation of Vehicular Speed and Passenger Car Equivalent under Mixed Traffic Condition Using Artificial Neural Network.” Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering, Springer, Vol: 42 (9), 4099 to 4110. DOI: 10.1007/s13369-017-2597-9
- Biswas, S., Chandra, S. and Ghosh, I. (2017). “Use of Lambert W Function in Determining Speed for Macroscopic Traffic Flow Models.” European Transport \ Trasporti Europei, Vol 63, Paper 3.
- Biswas, S., Chandra, S. and Ghosh, I. (2017). “Lambert W Function Based Semi-Analytical Framework for Estimation of Speed and Passenger Car Unit.” Journal of the Eastern Asia Society for Transportation Studies, Vol 12, 1588-1603. DOI: 10.11175/easts.12.1588.
- Saha, A., Singh, B. and Biswas, S. (2017). “Effect of Nano-materials on Asphalt Concrete Mixes; A Case Study.” European Transport \ Trasporti Europei, Vol 65, Paper 1.
- Thakur, S. and Biswas, S. (2019). “Assessment of pedestrian-vehicle interaction on urban roads: A critical review.” Archives of Transport, Vol: 51 (9), 49-63. DOI: 10.5604/01.3001.0013.6162
- Biswas, S., Sharma, A. and Pandey, A. (2019). “Performance evaluation of undivided streets: A clustering-based approach.” Journal of the Eastern Asia Society for Transportation Studies, Vol 13, 1777-1784. DOI: 10.11175/easts.13.1777.
- Biswas, S., Chandra, S. and Ghosh, I. (2020). “An Advanced Approach for Estimation of PCU Values on Undivided Urban Roads under Heterogeneous Traffic Conditions.” Transportation Letters: The International Journal of Transportation Research, Taylor & Francis, Vol: 12(3), 172-181. DOI: 10.1080/19427867.2018.1563268
- Biswas, S., Chandra, S. and Ghosh, I. (2021). “Side Friction Parameters and Their Influences on Capacity of Urban Streets.” International Journal of Transportation Science and Technology, Elsevier, Vol 10 (1), 1-19. DOI: 10.1016/j.ijtst.2020.03.007.
- Thakur, S., Maurya, S., Chandra, S. and Biswas, S. (2021). “Lambert W Based Speed Reduction Model in Presence of Pedestrian Movements: Case Studies on Undivided Streets.” European Transport \ Trasporti Europei. Vol 82. DOI: 10.48295/ET.2021.82.3.
- Sharma, M. and Biswas, S. (2021). “Estimation of Passenger Car Unit on Urban Roads: A Literature Review.” International Journal of Transportation Science and Technology, Elsevier. Vol 10, 283-298. DOI: 10.1016/j.ijtst.2020.07.002.
- Pandey, A. and Biswas, S. (2021). “Development of ‘Speed Ratio’ Based Level of Service Criteria on Undivided Urban Streets in Mixed Traffic Context.” Canadian Journal of Civil Engineering. Vol 48 (9), 1169-1180. DOI: 10.1139/cjce-2020-0104.
- Saini, H. K. and Biswas, S. (2021). “Estimating Lateral Placement and Lane Indiscipline of Urban Mixed Traffic of Developing Country: An ANN Assisted Approach.” Canadian Journal of Civil Engineering, Vol 48, 1571-1581. DOI: 10.1139/cjce-2020-0250.
- Bhavna and Biswas, S. (2022). “An ANN-based Framework for Estimating Inconsistency in Lateral Placement of Heterogeneous Traffic” Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and Its Applications, Elsevier. Vol. 592. DOI: 10.1016/j.physa.2021.126847.
- Pandey, A., Sharna, M. and Biswas, S. (2022). “Concept of Heterogeneity Index for Urban Mixed Traffic.” International Journal of Transportation Science and Technology. Elsevier. DOI: 10.1016/j.ijtst.2022.02.008.
- Pandey, A. and Biswas, S. (2022). “Assessment of Level of Service on Urban Roads: A Revisit to Past Studies.” Advances in Transportation Studies. Vol. 57, 49-70.
- Biswas, S., Maurya, S., Ghosh, I. and Chandra, S. (2016). “Modelling of individual vehicle speed on urban arterials using Artificial Neural Network.” 12th Transportation Planning and Implementation Methodologies for Developing Countries (TPMDC), IIT Bombay, Mumbai, India.
- Biswas, S., Chandra, S. and Ghosh, I. (2017). “Lambert W function based semi-analytical framework for estimation of speed and passenger car unit.” 23rd International Conference on Urban Transport and the Environment, University of Rome, Rome, Italy. DOI: 10.2495/UT170411.
- Biswas, S., Sharma, A. and Pandey, A. (2019). “Performance evaluation of undivided streets: A clustering-based approach.” 13th International Conference of the Eastern Asia Society for Transportation Studies (EASTS), Colmbo, Sri Lanka. DOI: 10.11175/easts.13.1777.
- Bhavna, Saini, H. K. and Biswas, S. (2021). “Modeling Inconsistency in Lateral Placement of Heterogeneous Traffic on Urban Streets using Neural Computing.” 8th International Conference on Transportation Systems Engineering and Management (CTSEM 2021), NIT Calicut, Kozhikode, India.
- Somavarapu, M. K., Biswas, S. and Pal, J. (2022). “Image Processing-Based Vehicle Class Identification in Mixed Traffic.” 5th International Conference on Computing and Informatics (ICCI), Cairo, Egypt. DOI: 10.1109/ICCI54321.2022.9756065.
- Gayathri, A. and Biswas, S. (2022) “Provision for Speed Bumps: A Data-driven Method”, 4th National Conference On Traffic Technologies 2022, (NCTT 2022), Bhopal, India.
WORKSHOP / CONFERENCE ORGANIZED