Phone: +91 7060324154
Date of Joining: 08-08-2022
Academic/Industrial Experience (in years): 4 yrs
ACADEMIC / INDUSTRIAL EXPERIENCE (Details)
- Assistant Professor (Grade-II), Department of Civil Engineering, National Institute of Technology Silchar, August 2022 – Present.
- Assistant Professor, Department of Civil Engineering, National Institute of Technology Hamirpur, Hamirpur, December 2018 – August 2022.
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS (FULL DETAILS )
- PhD in Civil Engineering (Transportation Engineering), Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, India (2018).
- M.Tech in Transportation Engineering, Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur (2014).
- B.E. in Civil Engineering, Jalpaiguri Government Engineering College, India (2012).
AREA OF INTEREST AND SPECIALIZATION (INCLUDING RESEARCH AREA)
Traffic Engineering and Safety
SHORT BIOGRAPHICAL SKETCH
Dr. Subhadip Biswas is currently working as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Civil Engineering, NIT Silchar. He completed his B.Tech. at Jalpaiguri Government Engineering College in 2012, M.Tech. at IIEST Shibpur in 2014, and Ph.D. at IIT Roorkee in 2018. Before joining NIT Silchar, he worked as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Civil Engineering, NIT Hamirpur from 2018 to 2022. His research domain is Traffic Engineering and Safety and he is looking for motivated research scholars to work in that domain.
External Funded Project
Project Title: Traffic safety assessment at horizontal curvature on hilly highways using lateral indiscipline-based approach.
Sponsor: Himachal Pradesh Council for Science Technology and Environment (HIMCOSTE)
Position: Principal Investigator
- Thakur, S., Chaurasiya, N., Gautam, A., Bhavna, and Biswas, S. (2021). “Impact of Pedestrian Movements on Capacity of Undivided Streets: A Case Study”. Advances in Sustainable Construction Materials, Lecture Notes in Civil Engineering, Vol 124, Springer, 77-86. DOI: 10.1007/978-981-33-4590-4_9.
- Tanwar, R., Pandey, N., Biswas, S. (2022). “Development of Free-Flow Criteria for Divided Rural Highway: A Case Study”. Recent Advancements in Civil Engineering. Lecture Notes in Civil Engineering, Vol 172. Springer. DOI: 10.1007/978-981-16-4396-5_67.
SUBJECTS TAUGHT (INCLUDING SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING)
Transportation Engineering; Introduction to Traffic Engineering; Traffic Safety; Hill Roads
MEMBER of Professional Society
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
1. Member, Training & Placement Cell (Tenure: 17/01/23 to present)
MANUSCRIPT REVIEWED FROM
Journal of Transportation Engineering Part A – Systems
Journal of Advanced Transportation
Journal of Transportation Safety & Security
Advances in Transportation Studies
- Biswas, S., Chakraborty, S., Chandra, S. and Ghosh, I. (2017). “Kriging-based Approach for Estimation of Vehicular Speed and Passenger Car Units on an Urban Arterial.” Journal of Transportation Engineering, Part A: Systems, ASCE, Vol 143 (3). DOI: 10.1061/JTEPBS.0000031
- Biswas, S., Chandra, S. and Ghosh, I. (2017). “Effects of On-street Parking in Urban Context: A Critical Review.” Transportation in Developing Economics, Springer, Vol 3: 10. DOI: 10.1007/ s40890-017-0040-2
- Biswas, S., Chandra, S. and Ghosh, I. (2017). “Estimation of Vehicular Speed and Passenger Car Equivalent under Mixed Traffic Condition Using Artificial Neural Network.” Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering, Springer, Vol: 42 (9), 4099 to 4110. DOI: 10.1007/s13369-017-2597-9
- Biswas, S., Chandra, S. and Ghosh, I. (2017). “Use of Lambert W Function in Determining Speed for Macroscopic Traffic Flow Models.” European Transport \ Trasporti Europei, Vol 63, Paper 3.
- Biswas, S., Chandra, S. and Ghosh, I. (2017). “Lambert W Function Based Semi-Analytical Framework for Estimation of Speed and Passenger Car Unit.” Journal of the Eastern Asia Society for Transportation Studies, Vol 12, 1588-1603. DOI: 10.11175/easts.12.1588.
- Saha, A., Singh, B. and Biswas, S. (2017). “Effect of Nano-materials on Asphalt Concrete Mixes; A Case Study.” European Transport \ Trasporti Europei, Vol 65, Paper 1.
- Thakur, S. and Biswas, S. (2019). “Assessment of pedestrian-vehicle interaction on urban roads: A critical review.” Archives of Transport, Vol: 51 (9), 49-63. DOI: 10.5604/01.3001.0013.6162
- Biswas, S., Sharma, A. and Pandey, A. (2019). “Performance evaluation of undivided streets: A clustering-based approach.” Journal of the Eastern Asia Society for Transportation Studies, Vol 13, 1777-1784. DOI: 10.11175/easts.13.1777.
- Biswas, S., Chandra, S. and Ghosh, I. (2020). “An Advanced Approach for Estimation of PCU Values on Undivided Urban Roads under Heterogeneous Traffic Conditions.” Transportation Letters: The International Journal of Transportation Research, Taylor & Francis, Vol: 12(3), 172-181. DOI: 10.1080/19427867.2018.1563268
- Biswas, S., Chandra, S. and Ghosh, I. (2021). “Side Friction Parameters and Their Influences on Capacity of Urban Streets.” International Journal of Transportation Science and Technology, Elsevier, Vol 10 (1), 1-19. DOI: 10.1016/j.ijtst.2020.03.007.
- Thakur, S., Maurya, S., Chandra, S. and Biswas, S. (2021). “Lambert W Based Speed Reduction Model in Presence of Pedestrian Movements: Case Studies on Undivided Streets.” European Transport \ Trasporti Europei. Vol 82. DOI: 10.48295/ET.2021.82.3.
- Sharma, M. and Biswas, S. (2021). “Estimation of Passenger Car Unit on Urban Roads: A Literature Review.” International Journal of Transportation Science and Technology, Elsevier. Vol 10, 283-298. DOI: 10.1016/j.ijtst.2020.07.002.
- Pandey, A. and Biswas, S. (2021). “Development of ‘Speed Ratio’ Based Level of Service Criteria on Undivided Urban Streets in Mixed Traffic Context.” Canadian Journal of Civil Engineering. Vol 48 (9), 1169-1180. DOI: 10.1139/cjce-2020-0104.
- Saini, H. K. and Biswas, S. (2021). “Estimating Lateral Placement and Lane Indiscipline of Urban Mixed Traffic of Developing Country: An ANN Assisted Approach.” Canadian Journal of Civil Engineering, Vol 48, 1571-1581. DOI: 10.1139/cjce-2020-0250.
- Bhavna and Biswas, S. (2022). “An ANN-based Framework for Estimating Inconsistency in Lateral Placement of Heterogeneous Traffic” Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and Its Applications, Elsevier. Vol. 592. DOI: 10.1016/j.physa.2021.126847.
- Pandey, A., Sharna, M. and Biswas, S. (2022). “Concept of Heterogeneity Index for Urban Mixed Traffic.” International Journal of Transportation Science and Technology. Elsevier. DOI: 10.1016/j.ijtst.2022.02.008.
- Pandey, A. and Biswas, S. (2022). “Assessment of Level of Service on Urban Roads: A Revisit to Past Studies.” Advances in Transportation Studies. Vol. 57, 49-70.
- Pandey, N., Kartikyan, Parti, R. and Biswas, S. (2023). “Estimation of Influence Width and Shy-Away Distance of Parallel Curb Parking: A Theoretical Approach”. Innovative Infrastructure Solutions, Springer, Vol. 8 (86), 1-15. DOI: 10.1007/s41062-023-01053-5.
- Biswas, S., Chandra, S. and Ghosh, I. (2017). “Lambert W function based semi-analytical framework for estimation of speed and passenger car unit.” 23rd International Conference on Urban Transport and the Environment, University of Rome, Rome, Italy. DOI: 10.2495/UT170411.
- Biswas, S., Sharma, A. and Pandey, A. (2019). “Performance evaluation of undivided streets: A clustering-based approach.” 13th International Conference of the Eastern Asia Society for Transportation Studies (EASTS), Colombo, Sri Lanka. DOI: 10.11175/easts.13.1777.
- Somavarapu, M. K., Biswas, S. and Pal, J. (2022). “Image Processing-Based Vehicle Class Identification in Mixed Traffic.” 5th International Conference on Computing and Informatics (ICCI), Cairo, Egypt. DOI: 10.1109/ICCI54321.2022.9756065.
- Sharma, P., Somavarapu, M. K., Biswas, S. and Pal, J. (2022) “Automative Extraction of Vehicle’s Lateral Placement Data: An Application of Image Processing” 26th International Conference of Hong Kong Society for Transportation Studies, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong.
GUEST LECTURE DELIVERED
|Serial||Title of lecture||Program||Venue||Date|
|1||Traffic Safety on Hilly Roads||Road Safety Auditors Course||IIT Jammu||27th April 2021|
WORKSHOP / CONFERENCE/ STC/ FDP/ SEMINAR ORGANIZED
- Seminar on ‘Construction Management and the Way Forward for Civil Engineers'; Role: Coordinator; Resource person: Mr. Pankaj K Das, CEO & Founder of Real Estate Legendary Hub; Date: 11.01.2023; Venue: Guest House Auditorium.
|Serial||Name of Scholar||Status|
|Serial||Name of Scholar||Status||Gone for higher studies|
|1||Wahengbum Ratan Kumar||Ongoing|
|5||Aaditi Kumari||Completed 2022||Pursuing PhD at IIT Delhi|
|6||Aditya Dhiman||Completed 2022||Pursuing PhD at IIT Roorkee|
|7||Aluwala Gayathri||Completed 2022||Pursuing PhD at IIT Hyderabad|
|9||Somavarapu Mohan Kumar||Completed 2022||Pursuing PhD at IIT Bombay + Monash University|
|10||Ayush Gautam||Completed 2021|
|11||Sraddha Maurya||Completed 2021|
|12||Bhavna||Completed 2021||Pursuing PhD at IIT Roorkee|
|13||Rahul Kumar||Completed 2021||Pursuing PhD at IIT Kanpur|
|14||Nikhil Chaurasiya||Completed 2021|
|15||Kapil Vyas||Completed 2021|
|16||Sourabh Thakur||Completed 2020|
|17||Rahul Tanwar||Completed 2020||Pursuing PhD at MANIT Bhopal|
|18||Ashutosh Pandey||Completed 2020||Pursuing PhD at IIT Bombay|
|19||Harish Kumar Saini||Completed 2020||Pursuing PhD at IIT Jammu|
|20||Manjul Sharma||Completed 2020||Pursuing PhD at MNNIT Allahabad|