Date of Joining: 1-08-2022
Academic/Industrial Experience (in years):
ACADEMIC / INDUSTRIAL EXPERIENCE (Details)
- Assistant Professor (Grade-II), Department of Civil Engineering, National Institute of Technology Silchar, Aug 2022 – Present.
- Temporary faculty , Department of Civil Engineering, National Institute of Technology Trichy, Feb 2022- July, 2022.
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS (FULL DETAILS )
- PhD in Civil Engineering , 2014-2017, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, India.
- M.Tech in water resources Engineering, 2012-2014, Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati, India.
- B.E. in Civil Engineering, 2008-2012, Anna University, Chennai, India.
AREA OF INTEREST AND SPECIALIZATION (INCLUDING RESEARCH AREA)
SHORT BIOGRAPHICAL SKETCH
Dinesh did his PhD jointly between the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay, India and Monash University, Australia. He obtained his MTech in Water Resources Engineering and Management from IIT Guwahati. During his PhD he actively contributed to the development of vertically integrated multiphase flow model for carbon sequestration using an element-free Galerkin (EFG) meshfree method. Recently, he performed several geomechanical experiments (Young’s modulus, Poisson’s ratio, and fracture toughness) using dry and varied brine saturated Gosford sandstone and Eidsvold siltstone rock samples. He worked on these rock collections, obtained within Australia as per ASTM and ISRM standards, at 3GDeep group laboratory in Monash University as part of his PhD work. He is also actively involved in the development of EFG based multiscale modelling which uses experimental parameters based on constitutive mesomechanical model for experimental validation. Also, he used Australian synchrotron facility to further investigate the microstructure of the failed rock sample using X-ray microtomography. During his Masters dissertation, he performed, the steady and transient groundwater flow modelling of Ganga sub basin in Bihar state using numerical model MODFLOW in GMS software which is sponsored by Ministry of Environment and Forest under the project Ganga River Basin Environmental Management Plan (GRBEMP).
External Funded Project
SUBJECTS TAUGHT (INCLUDING SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING)
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
MANUSCRIPT REVIEWED FROM
- Dinesh, P., Behera, M. R., Ranjith, P. G. and Muthu, N. (2019). An element-free Galerkin method using vertically integrated multiphase flow model for carbon sequestration. Computers and Geotechnics, 105, 195-210. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compgeo.2018.09.006.
- Dinesh, P., Ranjith, P. G., Behera, M. R. and Muthu, N. (2019). Experimental and numerical (EFG method) studies on sedimentary rock under varied salinity conditions. International Journal of Rock Mechanics and Mining Sciences (Accepted)
- Dinesh, P., Ranjith, P. G., Behera, M. R. and Muthu, N. (2021). Mechanical properties of reservoir rock and caprock under varying brine saturation for application of geological carbon storage in deep saline aquifers. Journal of AIP conference proceedings (Accepted)
- Pranjyoti, S., Dinesh, P., Ranjith, P. G., and Muthu, N. (2021). Experimental Validation of Mechanical properties of reservoir rock under varying brine saturation using Cohesive Zone Modelling. Journal of Theoretical and Applied Fracture Mechanics (Under preparation)
- Dinesh, P., Chaudhuri, A., and Ranjith, P. G. (2021). A coupled THM model for post CO2 injection induced seismicity. International Journal of Rock Mechanics and Mining Sciences (Under preparation)
- Shradharghya S. Adhikary, Vagish Kumar, Dinesh P., Abhijit Chaudhuri., and Chandrasekhar Annavarapu (2021). A thermo-hydro-mechanically coupled model to study fracture aperture growth in an enhanced geothermal system. 8th International Congress on Computational Mechanics and Simulation (ICCMS), will held on December 10-12 in IIT Indore (Abstract accepted).
- Dinesh, P., Ranjith, P. G., Behera, M. R. and Muthu, N. (2021). Mechanical properties of reservoir rock and caprock under varying brine saturation for application of geological carbon storage in deep saline aquifers. 2nd International Conference on Advanced Materials Behavior & Characterization (ICAMBC 2021), Chennai.
- Dinesh, P., Behera, M. R., Ranjith, P. G., & Muthu, N. (2020). Application of Element Free Galerkin (EFG) method for CO2 Storage and Caprock Integrity. Presented poster in UK Carbon Capture & Storage Research Centre (UKCCSRC) in Spring 2020 Web Sessions, https://ukccsrc.ac.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/Dinesh-Panneerselvam.pdf
- Dinesh, P., Wanniarachchi, W. A. M., Ranjith, P. G., Behera, M. R., & Muthu, N. (2020). “Experimental validation of Element Free Galerkin (EFG) model for SENB sedimentary rocks under varied salinity conditions” in 3rd International Conference on Geotechnical Engineering (ICGE) in Colombo, Sri Lanka will be held on 10th -11th August 2020 (Abstract accepted).
- Dinesh, P., Behera, M. R., Ranjith, P. G., & Muthu, N. (2019). Application of an Efficient Numerical Model for CO2 Sequestration in Deep Saline Aquifers. In Proceedings of the Fourth International Conference in Ocean Engineering (ICOE2018), IIT Madras (pp. 685-708). Springer, Singapore.
- Dinesh, P., Ranjith, P. G., Behera, M. R., & Muthu, N (2018). An Element-Free Galerkin (EFG) Meshfree Method Model for Carbon Sequestration. In Proceedings of the 3rd World Congress on Momentum, Heat and Mass Transfer (MHMT’18) Budapest, Hungary. 10.11159/icmfht18.124.
- Dinesh, P., Ranjith, P.G., Behera, M.R. and Nelson, M. (2018). Multiscale modelling of fracture in wet porous media. In 1st International Symposium on In-situ Modification of Deposit Properties for Improving Mining (IMDPIM), Taiyuan, China. (Presented)
- Dinesh, P., Ranjith, P.G. and Behera, M.R. (2018). Numerical investigation of the integrity of the caprock behaviour of saline aquifers: CO2 sequestration. In PhD students forum of international conference on geo-mechanics, geo-energy and geo-resources (IC3G 2018) in Sichuan University, Chengdu, China. (Presented)
- Dinesh P., Dikshit, A. K. and Ranjith P. G. (2015). Groundwater Flow Modelling Using COMSOL Multiphysics and GMS Software: A Comparison. In COMSOL Conference, Pune, India. (Presented Poster)
- Dinesh, P., Kartha, S.A. and Dutta, S. (2014). “Steady and transient ground water modeling of alluvial plains in Bihar”. In International Conference on Modeling Tools for Sustainable Water Resource Management (MTSWRM, 2014), IIT Hyderabad, India (Presented)
- Dinesh, P., Kartha, S.A. and Dutta, S. (2014). “Groundwater Flow Modeling of Kosi Alluvial Fan in Bihar State using 3D Grid Approach”. In National Conference on Water and its Sustainability in Mining and Other Environment: Vision 2050 (WSME 2014), IIT (ISM) Dhanbad, India. pp. 289-298
WORKSHOP / CONFERENCE ORGANIZED